Just to double check install data in PSP games

#1XCrossYZPosted 2/6/2013 7:26:07 AM
I don't really need them do I? Right now they just seem to take up space
---
I bleed Big Blue!
Official Asmodeus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
#2LUCIUS 20Posted 2/6/2013 7:38:37 AM
When they install it reduces loadtimes and for peacewalker adds a lot of spoken dialogue. You don't have to but I would recommend it if you are playing only that game from start to finish.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#3XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:44:09 AM
LUCIUS 20 posted...
When they install it reduces loadtimes and for peacewalker adds a lot of spoken dialogue. You don't have to but I would recommend it if you are playing only that game from start to finish.

Oh since I know install data was to make loading times shorter in UMD disks. Since its takin up space from Freedom Unite and lords of arcana
---
I bleed Big Blue!
#4BahamutBBobPosted 2/6/2013 7:44:17 AM
You shouldn't need to install them if you're playing the PSN version. Peacewalker on the PSN was coded slightly differently, it does not need to use the install data to have the extra voiceovers.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#5Rehab520Posted 2/6/2013 8:07:15 AM
Wait, so data install doesn't do anything for digital games? I used it in ufc2010 on the psp (digital download)...are you telling me it didn't really do anything but take up 300+ mb on my memory card?
---
Official Bacon of the Canadian Bacon Boards.
Not Removing Until I Get Me That Orange Vita.
#6XCrossYZ(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:52:25 AM
Rehab520 posted...
Wait, so data install doesn't do anything for digital games? I used it in ufc2010 on the psp (digital download)...are you telling me it didn't really do anything but take up 300+ mb on my memory card?

Pretty much. I took off install from Lords of Arcana, Freedom Unite, and Persona 3. Loading is still the same so it was good from the start i guess. good Now I have room for Duocedim 012
---
I bleed Big Blue!