Dragon Quest VIII remake for Vita...

#61mike_411Posted 2/6/2013 8:43:42 PM
While SMT4 looks very good on the 3DS, I still wouldn't liken it to a ps3 title. ><

No doubt the 3DS can handle Dragon Quest 8 though.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#62ikaruga0101Posted 2/6/2013 11:37:45 PM
Fr33z posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
No, but the 3D effect sucks but that can be turned off. It also has reduced loading times compared to the PS2 version.

Come now, I know you are always looking for ammunition against the 3DS, but at least find something based in fact lol

eh.. i was just "resounding" what the guy in the tweet said, it may be that DQ8 is a different beast, who knows, i mean the game really pushed the PS2 to it's limit

Considering that the 3DS is getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it actually runs and looks better than Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii with additional content it definitely can run DQ8.

DQ8 is a PS2 game after all. I bet even the PSP can run it well.
#63ZendaikPosted 2/6/2013 11:59:46 PM
ikaruga0101 posted...
Fr33z posted...
OtakuGamera posted...
No, but the 3D effect sucks but that can be turned off. It also has reduced loading times compared to the PS2 version.

Come now, I know you are always looking for ammunition against the 3DS, but at least find something based in fact lol

eh.. i was just "resounding" what the guy in the tweet said, it may be that DQ8 is a different beast, who knows, i mean the game really pushed the PS2 to it's limit

Considering that the 3DS is getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and it actually runs and looks better than Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii with additional content it definitely can run DQ8.

DQ8 is a PS2 game after all. I bet even the PSP can run it well.

I highly doubt that. DQ VIII was massive. They'd have to really downgrade the game.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#64ylvisPosted 2/7/2013 12:12:24 AM
That's not what the tweet says at all. The thread was locked immediately over at NeoGAF for the same reason.
#65sharinguyPosted 2/7/2013 1:12:06 AM
while the 3DS is more powerful than the PS2 people shouldn't use ToTA as an example because the 3DS version only has better FPS on the world map and load times but has worse models, compressed textures and runs at half the FPS in battle all while being displayed at half the resolution.

Like MGS3D ToTA is a bad port and shouldn't be used as an example.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757
#66ThePonyColliePosted 2/7/2013 3:18:57 AM
It could happen seeing how DQ8 got released on a Sony system. Either way I'm not really excited for it.
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#67Oxo_64Posted 2/7/2013 4:09:48 AM(edited)
ThePonyCollie posted...
It could happen seeing how DQ8 got released on a Sony system. Either way I'm not really excited for it.

So was Dragon Quest VII.

There is no reason to get excited over this tweet. It's simply saying IF Dragon Quest VIII gets remade it probably won't be on 3DS, although they would like it to be.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1717 - 5353
PSN: Oxo-64
#68MonoculusPosted 2/7/2013 3:59:34 AM
Let's look at it this way: the Wii is more powerful than the GameCube, which was right about on par with the PS2 - depending on what system the game in question was developed for it could swing either way. The 3DS has been shown to be at least as powerful as the Wii, if not moreso; I believe Capcom even went on the record as saying they had a port of Resident Evil 5 playable on the 3DS, and that was a PS3/360 game.

In theory the only thing limiting how well the 3DS could handle DQ8 is how well it's ported. We've seen some good ports like Tales of the Abyss and Street Fighter IV, and we've seen some flawed ones like MGS3. I don't really know how well Square Enix could pull it off on other systems (they ported DS and PSP games to PSP and iPhones but those games suffered badly when ported again to Android, although that was mostly due to laziness), but given their dedication to Nintendo's handheld line I don't doubt it'd turn out well enough. There'd be no issue at all if it was rebuilt more or less from scratch, but SE is way too lazy for that kind of effort.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita