Why aren't they making open world games?(skyrim,borderlands,fable,Pokemon)

#1bulletproven50Posted 2/7/2013 12:31:35 AM
Like those. Is it because the same reason I gave earlier this week,mdevelopers feel open world games should be priced at 59.99 since there is a ton of things to do and wouldn't be a need to purchase any other games for a few months out?

Like borderlands 2. You could race, fps, zombie mode, fly. So it's like you're buying 4 other games all in one. It's like they aren't confident any other games will sell if they would to release a massive open world game like those listed
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#2X2SBPosted 2/7/2013 12:36:17 AM
bulletproven50 posted...
Like those. Is it because the same reason I gave earlier this week,mdevelopers feel open world games should be priced at 59.99 since there is a ton of things to do and wouldn't be a need to purchase any other games for a few months out?

Like borderlands 2. You could race, fps, zombie mode, fly. So it's like you're buying 4 other games all in one. It's like they aren't confident any other games will sell if they would to release a massive open world game like those listed

Um... gravity rush? No matter how terrible people around here claim (im not one of them), it is an open world game on the vita. And a launch title, i think, as well.
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.
#3Nightmare637Posted 2/7/2013 12:41:14 AM
Sly 4 is pretty open world.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#4bluedmonPosted 2/7/2013 12:43:30 AM
X2SB posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

Um... gravity rush? No matter how terrible people around here claim (im not one of them), it is an open world game on the vita. And a launch title, i think, as well.

no it wasnt a launch title......came out in like July n the Vita launched around march
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#5bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:01:57 AM
Gravity rush is a open roam world like you do on skyrim? Or even infamous ?
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#6Dark_ZenoPosted 2/7/2013 1:12:50 AM
bulletproven50 posted...

Its open world-ish, but its has very few things to do in the world.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#7mjnoir1Posted 2/7/2013 1:55:57 AM
bulletproven50 posted...

sure. with like 5 ppl in it that dont move at all. open world... hahahaha.
#8SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/7/2013 2:43:41 AM
bluedmon posted...
no it wasnt a launch title......came out in like July n the Vita launched around march

*December
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#9bluedmonPosted 2/7/2013 2:56:31 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
bluedmon posted...

*December

depends on region i guess. vita launched in Feb in USA and Gravity Rush released in June (did fact checking after i posted and found i was a month off both dates but still it's the same amount of time really so i didn't find it worth editing)
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#10DarkBlademasterPosted 2/7/2013 4:28:34 AM
I can see a borderlands game working, especially given the simplistic art style. Dang, now I want BL:Vita. Lol

Does anyone remember that "Elder Scrolls Travels" game that was rumored/canned back in thr PSP days?
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112