Sony lower vita (and psp) sales forecast again: 7million by 31st march

#121DalekZeroPosted 2/7/2013 4:42:37 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
gaming is on its away to a 2nd crash and the reason is all those greedy bastards in the industry.

- on-disc DLC
- day one DLC
- DRM
- online passes
- 60 dollar games with micro transactions
- games getting drastic price cuts just a few months or even weeks after release
- "ultimate" "final" or "game of the year" versions of games being released a few months after initial release with more content

this ani-consumer bull**** is what's steering the industry into the crapper.
in summation, everything EA has been doing this gen.

Why do people complain about EA and Capcom yet not about companies like Atlus and Nintendo? EA and Capcom spend millions developing games, yet Atlus and Nintendo release games at the same price of those yet with a 10x less budget.

How about EA instead of making DLC and online passes, make their games look like a Xbox game with no voice acting and charge $60?

Its because, in the end, people are willing to pay the generally accepted retail price for a game which is complete. But capcom/EA chatge that amount...and its not even the "full game. The price of the game isnt the problem. Its paying for games without getting everythinf the game has to offer, especially if its ondisk.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#122darkstar4221Posted 2/7/2013 4:51:34 PM
kingofall214 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
the clearance section will boost sales, I think?

Clearance sections are retailers thing to make money on items that aren't selling. Doesn't effect Sony in a good way.

Price drop to $199.99 wifi vita with a 4GB card. Not having a memory card included puts off customers. They want to be able to buy the system and a game and be able to play it once they get home and not have to worry about the game working or not. Once a customer chooses to get a vita the next question should be what game do I get? Not which memory card should I get.

Once you explain the point of the memory card customers will feel like they need the 32GB card which costs $100. If you remove that discussion then customers will just focus on the system and games and worry about memory card space at a later time if at all. The 32GB card is something you shouldn't have to think about until after you bought a vita. .

No they won't because it's $100, and customers know better the memory cards should be much cheaper. Hoping Sony would drop prices for their memory is pointless, because there won't be any significant price drop unless A) there are numerous 3rd party providers, or B) there is an adapter.

I don't know how someone put an adapter to use SD cards on the Vita, but anything is possible.
#123xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:20:37 PM
LockeMonster posted...
Wow @ bluedmon and kingoffail and how stupid they look and sound trying to white knight Sony.

You could tell this early the moment one of them doubt the news from siliconera.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#124supercaculoPosted 2/7/2013 8:19:16 PM
The fact that the are adding psv and psp numbers is sad.
I really don't think Sony said that they are lowering the sales expectation but is pointless as i don't think it will reach 7million units by end of march.

Though there are some big news conning on Feb 20, right? It might be vita related. So who knows.
---
circle circle square circle = you are dead.
#125xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:08:29 PM
supercaculo posted...
I really don't think Sony said that they are lowering the sales expectation but is pointless as i don't think it will reach 7million units by end of march.

Though there are some big news conning on Feb 20, right? It might be vita related. So who knows.

The previous forecast they made was 10million units. They just revised it to 7 million. 7 million is less than 10 million
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#126Shadowfxd2Posted 2/7/2013 10:28:26 PM
xfactor posted...
supercaculo posted...

The previous forecast they made was 10million units. They just revised it to 7 million. 7 million is less than 10 million

How's PSP going to sell the other 6 million by the end of March?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#127mike_411Posted 2/7/2013 10:36:51 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
gaming is on its away to a 2nd crash and the reason is all those greedy bastards in the industry.

- on-disc DLC
- day one DLC
- DRM
- online passes
- games getting drastic price cuts just a few months or even weeks after release
- "ultimate" "final" or "game of the year" versions of games being released a few months after initial release with more content

Why do people complain about EA and Capcom yet not about companies like Atlus and Nintendo? EA and Capcom spend millions developing games, yet Atlus and Nintendo release games at the same price of those yet with a 10x less budget.

How about EA instead of making DLC and online passes, make their games look like a Xbox game with no voice acting and charge $60?

what, you are putting selling a game for the standardized retail price on the same level of wrongness as DRM and online passes?
honestly, if slight overpricing of games was the only problem of the industry, would could all hug each other in bliss

face it, Nintendo is one of the very few major publishers who don't pull this anti-consumer BS. accounts being tied to consoles is just about the worst they do, but that might just be a case of Nintendo still lagging behind on the tech front

why complain about EA specifically?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5946-Why-Do-People-Hate-EA
this about sums it up

and accounts tied to consoles isn't that bad? what about charging you another buck to play games you already own? I didn't have to pay a dollar To play ps1 games I already owned for psp on my Vita, ps3.

Face it, each of these big companies is it's own special brand of crap. Nintendo really isn't any better when all things are considered and I really dislike it when people defend stuff like this or treat it as not that big a deal just because it might be your favorite company.

Sony loves to leave people hanging and make some downright stupid decisions with how they market their games and treat their devs.

Microsoft..why do people still pay for live? why the hell can't I even watch netflix without subscribing to your online service? Microsoft is perhaps my least favorite of the big 3.

Things really do need to change.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#128xenos74Posted 2/7/2013 10:55:43 PM
mike_411 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

- on-disc DLC
- day one DLC
- DRM
- online passes

what, you are putting selling a game for the standardized retail price on the same level of wrongness as DRM and online passes?
honestly, if slight overpricing of games was the only problem of the industry, would could all hug each other in bliss

face it, Nintendo is one of the very few major publishers who don't pull this anti-consumer BS. accounts being tied to consoles is just about the worst they do, but that might just be a case of Nintendo still lagging behind on the tech front

why complain about EA specifically?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5946-Why-Do-People-Hate-EA
this about sums it up

and accounts tied to consoles isn't that bad? what about charging you another buck to play games you already own? I didn't have to pay a dollar To play ps1 games I already owned for psp on my Vita, ps3.

Face it, each of these big companies is it's own special brand of crap. Nintendo really isn't any better when all things are considered and I really dislike it when people defend stuff like this or treat it as not that big a deal just because it might be your favorite company.

Sony loves to leave people hanging and make some downright stupid decisions with how they market their games and treat their devs.

Microsoft..why do people still pay for live? why the hell can't I even watch netflix without subscribing to your online service? Microsoft is perhaps my least favorite of the big 3.

Things really do need to change.

Nintendo doesn't charge you a buck to play games you already own, they let you choose to pay $1 for extra features. IMO that's very generous. Not only that, people rage about $1 as if they HAD TO rebuy ALL their digital games

I do agree with some of your points, just had to clear up that misconception as trolls deem it bait worthy. Not that I'm calling you a troll
#129kcypher2000Posted 2/7/2013 11:50:35 PM
This topic made me laugh. Even Sony can admit the Vita is doing bad but delusional fanboys on here try to spin it as if this was anything but a disaster.
#130Shadowfxd2Posted 2/8/2013 12:41:26 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
This topic made me laugh. Even Sony can admit the Vita is doing bad but delusional fanboys on here try to spin it as if this was anything but a disaster.

This is how the vita board has been since launch. There's not one notable game on vita (since they are all ports, multi or bad) and I've had it since launch!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg