Sony lower vita (and psp) sales forecast again: 7million by 31st march

#131Nightmare637Posted 2/7/2013 11:43:39 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
This topic made me laugh. Even Sony can admit the Vita is doing bad but delusional fanboys on here try to spin it as if this was anything but a disaster.

This is how the vita board has been since launch. There's not one notable game on vita (since they are all ports, multi or bad) and I've had it since launch!

ports can be notable if done.

or that zelda port on the 3ds can't be seen as notable either.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#132kingofall214Posted 2/7/2013 11:51:10 PM
xfactor posted...
LockeMonster posted...
Wow @ bluedmon and kingoffail and how stupid they look and sound trying to white knight Sony.

You could tell this early the moment one of them doubt the news from siliconera.

Bluedmon doubted it. I didn't. Just thought I'd correct you. Seeing as I was disagreeing with buledmon too.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#133Shadowfxd2Posted 2/7/2013 11:55:34 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
This topic made me laugh. Even Sony can admit the Vita is doing bad but delusional fanboys on here try to spin it as if this was anything but a disaster.

This is how the vita board has been since launch. There's not one notable game on vita (since they are all ports, multi or bad) and I've had it since launch!

You want to compare a remake that outsold the entire Vita library? ok, it's notable by doing that!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#134Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 12:01:10 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...

You want to compare a remake that outsold the entire Vita library? ok, it's notable by doing that!

ports can be notable if done well, saying a game isen't notable because its a port is well...theres no real words to describe it.:)

I used that specific game as an example sense it is well known.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#135nuutipPosted 2/8/2013 12:26:03 AM
doesn't bode well for feb 20. Pretty much means they got next to nothing planned for the vita.

Future of PlayStation does not include the vita i guess.
#136Big_IsaacPosted 2/8/2013 4:00:23 AM
mike_411 posted...
and accounts tied to consoles isn't that bad? what about charging you another buck to play games you already own? I didn't have to pay a dollar To play ps1 games I already owned for psp on my Vita, ps3.

Face it, each of these big companies is it's own special brand of crap. Nintendo really isn't any better when all things are considered and I really dislike it when people defend stuff like this or treat it as not that big a deal just because it might be your favorite company.

Sony loves to leave people hanging and make some downright stupid decisions with how they market their games and treat their devs.

Microsoft..why do people still pay for live? why the hell can't I even watch netflix without subscribing to your online service? Microsoft is perhaps my least favorite of the big 3.

Things really do need to change.

I'd love for you to point out the anti-consumer practices Nintendo uses that are anywhere near on the same level as day one DLC, on-disc DLC, micro-transactions in 60 dollar games, DRM and online passes

as I said, accounts being tied to consoles isn't good business either, but on the anti-consumer scale, it doesn't even show next to what the likes of EA and Capcom are pulling on a daily basis
as for the 1 dollar, you are paying for the extra features they put into the WiiU versions. you actually do get something for that money
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#137Megaman OmegaPosted 2/8/2013 4:10:16 AM(edited)
Heh
A Xfactor topic no less

As always, delusional fanponies react to news and facts by insulting the person that posted them. I'm afraid to say, drony, but the content of an article doesn't depend on who posts it.

[masses of idiotic drivel]

lol! After this pathetic stunt here, you have no right to participate in a legit discussion about sales or economy.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65057100

*Sigh* Why is it people read only parts of topics and never the whole thing? The "In the black" was a mistake.

LMAO! Don't even try to wiggle your ass out of it with pathetic lies. Only parts of your topic? The entire topic was one big mountain of fail, from your first to your last post.

Not even close to true.

Oh yes, it's totally true. Not that anyone would care about your delusional views on it, after all you're the joke poster that thought that Sony would erase their entire debt by about now.

$160 to make. Last year. Think about that. Contemplate that profit for each vita sold. $90x4 million. Now take The 3DS. It was sold at a loss after the price drop. Started to make a profit months down the line. Probably a few dollars in profits.

ROFLMAO! Yet another instance of kingofall214 embarassing himself in front of everyone with his non-existent knowledge on pretty much anything. $160 to make it? lol! So that would mean, according to you:

R&D - $0
Shipping - $0
Taxes - $0
Retailer - $0
Overhead - $0
Assembly - $0
Licensing - $0
Advertisement - $0
Promotion (events, etc.) - $0
Online infrastructure - $0
Pack-ins - $0
Online infrastructure - $0

If you have no idea what you're talking, about, then why even bother? To put theings into perspective: the 3DS had material costs of $101 when it first came out and sold at a loss when it was $170 months later. So the markup is about 68.31%, not even considering the loss, just assuming it would break even and not considering how production costs lowered by then. If we considered these, surely it would be over 80%. With the same markup for the Vita, we get:

$160 * 1.6831 = $269

So pretty surely they were selling it at a loss for $250, are still selling it at a loss at its current price where you can easily find it in bundles that throw in a game at the same price and they would sell it at a brutal loss for $170 or similar. Like others already said, Sony is on the verge of sinking as a whole, so they can't afford such a price cut.
---
~~Official Red Mage of the KDF~~~
Sales is trolling! Numbers are trolling! Haters are running around? Better get a thicker skin!
#138Megaman OmegaPosted 2/8/2013 4:19:38 AM
You'd be stupid to believe they make $90 in "profit" on each console and not worry about the rest of the costs, plus the fact that they're not sold to retailers for $250 like you assume.

That wouldn't be the first outburst of king of fail, in fact his economical knowledge is so horrible i'm pretty convinced he does believe they make $90 per unit sold.

I posted it earlier but here you go
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/20/report-playstation-vita-components-cost-160

You even posted a link yourself saying the COMPONENTS are $160 and you can't fugure out that retailing, shipping, taxes, overhead, licensing, etc. cost something? lol!

Sorry, kingoffail is actually is what I see when I glance at your name. I find it endearing.

You haven't even seen the best yet, lol.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/65057100
"king of fail" is pretty generous for his performance.

Every 3rd party game that Sony has never put a cent into pays royalties to Sony for each sale. They also have to pay sony for a developer kit which costs thousands as well as a license for the game which also costs thousands.

It's cute how you try to deflect to talking software as soon as it got apparent that you have no idea what's going on with hardware (as seen in this topic) and general economic knowledge (as seen in your other topic), only to fall flat on your face again by implying that selling devkits is a major part of Sony's income in their video game business.

"Oh, Sony is losing tons of money making video game systems and video games, but it's no problem because they are earning money on devkits"

Hilarious!

7 million is a rather generous estimate.
I'd lower that a bit more.

They'll lower it to 6 million, and when the PSP + Vita sell a combined total of 6.1m for the year, they'll tout that it totally surpassed their estimates.
---
Of course 333.33M is 1/3 of a billion Nintendog. Rage-o-meter increasing, intelligence decreasing - CorruptedRPG demonstrating his thought process
#139Big_IsaacPosted 2/8/2013 4:32:30 AM
by any chance, do we have any definitive Vita sales numbers, as in "PSP-adjusted" numbers?
even 5 million seems a bit much for how low the monthly sales were
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#140Megaman OmegaPosted 2/8/2013 4:45:02 AM
ylvis posted...

Numbers are straight from Sony themselves. So yes, they're hard facts.

facts of what? A GUESS(because thats what it is) of what they THINK they will MAYBE sell. what kinda fact is that?

The fact that they had to revise their forecast multiple times, resulting in an estimate less of half the original estimate says something about the performance, doesn't it? Even someone like you should notice that, yet you choose to just ignore this because you're such a pony. Also, note how there was this estimate of the Vita becoming profitable AFTER THREE YEARS, which was before they even slashed their forecast a single time.

gaming is on its away to a 2nd crash and the reason is all those greedy bastards in the industry.

- on-disc DLC
- day one DLC
- DRM
- online passes
- 60 dollar games with micro transactions
- games getting drastic price cuts just a few months or even weeks after release
- "ultimate" "final" or "game of the year" versions of games being released a few months after initial release with more content

this ani-consumer bull**** is what's steering the industry into the crapper.
in summation, everything EA has been doing this gen.

Exactly. Plus of course this huge shift to casual games on devices with no buttons.

EA and Capcom spend millions developing games, yet Atlus and Nintendo release games at the same price of those yet with a 10x less budget.

Because nobody gives a **** about budget, but about how good a game is? The better question is how a lot of games with high budgets end up being such a ****fest full of overly long movie sequences, bugs, DLC, patches and reliability on online content.
---
The Japanese don't celebrate Christmas. - Sailor Goon
6 + 4 = 11 - Sailor Goon