Sony lower vita (and psp) sales forecast again: 7million by 31st march

#61kingofall214Posted 2/7/2013 5:44:05 AM
ylvis posted...
kingofall214 posted...
archedsoul posted...
lmao @ this bluedmon guy making a fool of himself.

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about, so just stop already. The Vita is doing horrible and this lowered expectation is horrible news. Stop trying to play it off like it's nothing serious and acting like you know what you're talking about.

It's not "horrible" as you are saying. "Horrible" is what you would say if Sony is going to go bankrupt or discontinue the vita as they have no other choice. "Horrible" is what Nintendo went through with the 3DS where they had to ether drop the price or face serious financial disaster.

Uhmmm... The Vita is selling much worse than the 3DS ever did. The thing is that Nintendo actually had a chance to lower the price, but Sony doesn't right now because it will make them bleed money.

vita costs 160 to make about last year

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/20/report-playstation-vita-components-cost-160

Obviously that price has gone down since then.

That being said if the vita was flopping so hard as people on this board claim it would of been hastily priced dropped and Sony would still make some money on it.

I don't know why the whole Nintendo 3DS fiasco happened exactly but from my understanding of it it was selling so poorly compared to what they predicted that they had to price drop it. The vita has only been selling about 50% of what Sony originally predicted. The 3DS on the other hand must have had a much higher rate as they wouldn't of dropped the price otherwise.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#62ylvisPosted 2/7/2013 5:44:12 AM
bluedmon posted...

Uhmmm... The Vita is selling much worse than the 3DS ever did. The thing is that Nintendo actually had a chance to lower the price, but Sony doesn't right now because it will make them bleed money.

@ylvis
hows the wii u selling? Not to well id imagine.

The Wii U is selling horrible, but this thread isn't about the Wii U.
#63Shadowfxd2Posted 2/7/2013 5:47:45 AM
bluedmon posted...

@ylvis
hows the wii u selling? Not to well id imagine.

The Wii U is selling horrible, but this thread isn't about the Wii U.

isn't it obvious now, what this guy is?
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#64ylvisPosted 2/7/2013 5:49:58 AM
kingofall214 posted...
ylvis posted...
kingofall214 posted...
archedsoul posted...

Dude, you have no idea what you're talking about, so just stop already. The Vita is doing horrible and this lowered expectation is horrible news. Stop trying to play it off like it's nothing serious and acting like you know what you're talking about.

It's not "horrible" as you are saying. "Horrible" is what you would say if Sony is going to go bankrupt or discontinue the vita as they have no other choice. "Horrible" is what Nintendo went through with the 3DS where they had to ether drop the price or face serious financial disaster.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/20/report-playstation-vita-components-cost-160

That being said if the vita was flopping so hard as people on this board claim it would of been hastily priced dropped and Sony would still make some money on it.

I don't know why the whole Nintendo 3DS fiasco happened exactly but from my understanding of it it was selling so poorly compared to what they predicted that they had to price drop it. The vita has only been selling about 50% of what Sony originally predicted. The 3DS on the other hand must have had a much higher rate as they wouldn't of dropped the price otherwise.

Nintendo isn't the same as Sony. That's the point. Nintendo has much more money in the bank than Sony, so they could drop the price easily without losing too much money. Sony can't, because it would make them lose tons of money if they drop the price for the Vita. The 3DS was only selling a few Million lower than what Nintendo expected. It was enough for them to make a price cut though. Sony isn't in the same situation, and they can't cut the price now.
#65archedsoulPosted 2/7/2013 5:50:54 AM
@kingfail

*Sigh* Why is it people read only parts of topics and never the whole thing? The "In the black" was a mistake. I said so in the topic. The mistake was that I thought Sony would use the cash they have to pay off there debt as by march they will have more cash than debt. Of course that is silly because they can't pay off the debt and only have a couple 100 million or so to pay for a world wide company.

The encryption/decryption topic was asked not stated. I said "the memory cards encrypt and decrypt when you back up and restore. Or at least that is what I thought. That affects the speeds on the cards." No one has posted evidence to the contrary. I don't know nor do I claim to know that as absolute fact. It was just my understanding of it.

Sure. Doesn't excuse the other braindead stuff you say, like the rest of this post alone.
Now to your actual claim involving this topic. No it's not "horrible". Again vita is not being sold at a loss. The cost to make a vita will be dropping very soon. As a result Sony can sell the vita for less and still make a % profit.

Not being sold at a loss per unit is irrelevant. They're making no profit till that 3 (now probably 6) years. That is horrible no matter how you spin.

I mean the amount of stupid in this post alone should tell people that your comments hold zero credibility. The fact that you keep bringing up them not selling each unit at loss also shows how you're not getting this.
Sales are low. They are toughing it out until said price drop. There is nothing else they can do. There is no reason to drop the price so it cuts into there Profit % or even starts selling at a loss when sometime this year they can drop the price and keep there profit %.

No.
As for your "dying company" claim, Sony stock has been going up for the past couple of years. They have other sections of business other than gaming you know. Some of those sections are making them some pretty good money.

http://i.imgur.com/K1jPzuT.png
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/sonys-stock-falls-to-lowest-level-since-1984

Guess up is down in your deluded world?

PS4 being released is a desperate move? I don't see how. It isn't going to start making them billions overnight no matter how good it is. Console sales start slow and pick up steam over time. If you think the PS4 is going to sell tens of millions in a few weeks well you would be mistaken.

Like ylvis says, it doesn't take a rocket science to figure out it's not worrying about making money, its about fighting Microsoft and Nintendo and coming out alive.
#66kingofall214Posted 2/7/2013 5:56:36 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
the difference between Sony and Nintendo is that Nintendo has enough money on their bank account to buy the entirety of Sony, while Sony doesn't even have enough to buy a snickers bar.

when they lowered the 3DS' price below production cost, they could do so because they had more than enough money to cover the loss. not to mention it got back into the profit zone only a few months after the price drop.
with the Vita, Sony has been losing money with every unit sold from the start (as Sony and MS always do). this means that if they lower the price even further, their break-even point is going to sail away into the land of dreams.

Yeah your facts are wrong. Your first paragraph is nonsense. Vita was never sold at a loss. It is technically a profit if you make $1 dollar more than what it costs to make the unit. This suggest that yes the 3DS does make a profit it's not nearly as huge as the profit the vita makes. The vita cost $160 to make as I posted earlier.
---
#67kingofall214Posted 2/7/2013 6:01:56 AM
ylvis posted...
kingofall214 posted...
ylvis posted...
kingofall214 posted...
archedsoul posted...

Nintendo isn't the same as Sony. That's the point. Nintendo has much more money in the bank than Sony, so they could drop the price easily without losing too much money. Sony can't, because it would make them lose tons of money if they drop the price for the Vita. The 3DS was only selling a few Million lower than what Nintendo expected. It was enough for them to make a price cut though. Sony isn't in the same situation, and they can't cut the price now.

$160 to make. Last year. Think about that. Contemplate that profit for each vita sold. $90x4 million. Now take The 3DS. It was sold at a loss after the price drop. Started to make a profit months down the line. Probably a few dollars in profits.
---
#68HornyLevelPosted 2/7/2013 6:03:03 AM
kingofall214 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
the difference between Sony and Nintendo is that Nintendo has enough money on their bank account to buy the entirety of Sony, while Sony doesn't even have enough to buy a snickers bar.

when they lowered the 3DS' price below production cost, they could do so because they had more than enough money to cover the loss. not to mention it got back into the profit zone only a few months after the price drop.
with the Vita, Sony has been losing money with every unit sold from the start (as Sony and MS always do). this means that if they lower the price even further, their break-even point is going to sail away into the land of dreams.

Yeah your facts are wrong. Your first paragraph is nonsense. Vita was never sold at a loss. It is technically a profit if you make $1 dollar more than what it costs to make the unit. This suggest that yes the 3DS does make a profit it's not nearly as huge as the profit the vita makes. The vita cost $160 to make as I posted earlier.

He's not far off. Nintendo has 12B cash and they Sony is worth only 15B. Sony can also not afford a Snickers bar since they're in billions in debt.

Now, all the "profit" they make on each Vita is put into the money that's paying off the cost of the Vita project. It's not profit if it is being used to pay something off.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#69HornyLevelPosted 2/7/2013 6:05:25 AM
kingofall214 posted...

$160 to make. Last year. Think about that. Contemplate that profit for each vita sold. $90x4 million. Now take The 3DS. It was sold at a loss after the price drop. Started to make a profit months down the line. Probably a few dollars in profits.

You'd be stupid to believe they make $90 in "profit" on each console and not worry about the rest of the costs, plus the fact that they're not sold to retailers for $250 like you assume.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#70ylvisPosted 2/7/2013 6:05:52 AM
kingofall214 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

Link for that $160 number please.