What ever happened to the price drop?

#1CrmsnFatalis96Posted 2/7/2013 9:05:37 AM
Last year, a Sony executive in Europe (I think it was) said that the Vita would be getting a price drop next year (now this year).

What happened with this? Have we heard anything else about it? Did it turn out to be a fraud?

I'm thinking about getting a Vita, but I don't want to get one yet if there's going to be a price drop soon.
#2stargazer64Posted 2/7/2013 9:11:07 AM
They said there would be a price drop in 2013. It's coming, but no one knows when.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#3BizzyBumPosted 2/7/2013 9:11:58 AM
prob will be announced on the 20th
---
I'm bored at work...
#4mike_411Posted 2/7/2013 9:16:06 AM
could be the end of the year for all we know.
Just buy it if you want it.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#5Spiffy247Posted 2/7/2013 9:23:16 AM
BizzyBum posted...
prob will be announced on the 20th

I agree.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#6gilv3rPosted 2/7/2013 9:25:40 AM
CrmsnFatalis96 posted...
Last year, a Sony executive in Europe (I think it was) said that the Vita would be getting a price drop next year (now this year).

What happened with this? Have we heard anything else about it? Did it turn out to be a fraud?

I'm thinking about getting a Vita, but I don't want to get one yet if there's going to be a price drop soon.

I dont think you understand how long a year is.

Hint: it isnt two months long
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#7CrmsnFatalis96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:45:40 AM
stargazer64 posted...
They said there would be a price drop in 2013. It's coming, but no one knows when.

That's all I needed to know, I'll hold off until the price drop.

I don't need it anytime soon, I mainly wanted to get RO to tide me over until MH comes out next month.
#8CompassPosted 2/7/2013 9:54:36 AM
RO is really bad. But considering what a huge fan of MH you are, maybe that's your thing.
#9mike_411Posted 2/7/2013 9:56:59 AM
Compass posted...
RO is really bad. But considering what a huge fan of MH you are, maybe that's your thing.

It actually really kind of is(then again I hate MH too.)
playing with others dulls the boredom a little at least.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#10RotuhiiriPosted 2/7/2013 9:59:42 AM
Target has a Vita LEGO Batman 2 bundle for $199. Free game and a price drop on the console.

For the record. The interview with the Sony representative (who likely isn't the one making the decisions anyway) went something like this:

Q: So a price drop will have to wait until 2013 then?
A: Yes.

That is not an announcement and there has been no announcement. What he meant was that there wouldn't be a price drop in 2012 because that was what they were discussing. It's very likely to happen but there has been absolutely no announcement or official confirmation of a price drop in 2013.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane