When people say "Vita has no games" - what kinds of games is it missing?

#1LegionSoupPosted 2/7/2013 10:13:27 AM
I'm just curious, because I'm personally very happy with the library of Vita titles.

But what is it lacking? The more specific you are, the better.

This isn't a topic for saying things like "What kinds of game is the Vita missing? Good games!"

I am seriously just curious as to what games you'd realistically want for the Vita.
#2mike_411Posted 2/7/2013 10:15:21 AM
probably even more rpgs.

The only thing I really NEED for this handheld is a good fallout game.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#3stargazer64Posted 2/7/2013 10:16:44 AM
I think people (for the most part) think it lacks big blockbuster games. Bioshock, Batman, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Infamous, etc. And they are mostly right. There's a huge amount of potential for awesome, ambitious games on this device but they would be too expensive to make with too little pay-off.

And then there's the RPG crowd, who wants tons of RPGs.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#4mike_411Posted 2/7/2013 10:20:21 AM
stargazer64 posted...
I think people (for the most part) think it lacks big blockbuster games. Bioshock, Batman, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Infamous, etc. And they are mostly right. There's a huge amount of potential for awesome, ambitious games on this device but they would be too expensive to make with too little pay-off.

Hopefully killzone scratches that AAA itch. It's poised to be awesome and I really honestly hope it is. Vita needs a really good shooter bad.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#5stargazer64Posted 2/7/2013 10:23:24 AM
mike_411 posted...
stargazer64 posted...

Hopefully killzone scratches that AAA itch. It's poised to be awesome and I really honestly hope it is. Vita needs a really good shooter bad.

It does look pretty good. I'm keeping my expectations in check, though.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#6FSN_SaberPosted 2/7/2013 10:24:28 AM
I was interested in killzone until i found out it won't be released till near the end of the year :(

Still gunna get it though... :D
---
PSN: Saber114
#7LilRoss2k3Posted 2/7/2013 10:28:22 AM
well..take a look at the upcoming games list for this year on this site....it's pretty depressing. are there even 10?
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken, SF, CoD, & more.
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#8Steve_TeddiePosted 2/7/2013 10:29:23 AM
well..take a look at the upcoming games list for this year on this site....it's pretty depressing. are there even 10?

It could be worse. We could be losing all our exclusives like WiiU.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#9Air_Gear_Posted 2/7/2013 10:30:05 AM
Vita has the best portable game library around. Just don't listen to the trolls.
#10Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/7/2013 10:33:46 AM
I'd like to see some WRPGs (Bioware/Bethesda type stuff) and maybe some good first/third person shooters.

There's also plenty of PlayStation-eccentric franchises that are completely missing on the Vita like God of War, inFAMOUS, Devil May Cry, Bioshock (I know it's announced but where is it?), Resident Evil, and Dead Space to name a few.

I mean how is it the Vita can't even get the iOS/Android Mass Effect and Dead Space games?
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.