When people say "Vita has no games" - what kinds of games is it missing?

#31Raven772Posted 2/7/2013 3:08:16 PM
I'll buy a vita eventually but my wishlist for what its missing is: Final fantasy Type 0, Time Travelers, Valkyria Chronicles 3. Talk to the developers sony, make it happen.
---
Movies - http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=raven772
Games - http://vgcollect.com/raven772 Anime - http://www.anime-planet.com/users/raven772
#32FKRW4LifePosted 2/7/2013 3:27:40 PM
Youd think that if the Vita is so similar to a ps3 they could come up with engines that are already made or partially made that would work well on it, thus not having to spend as much.

Hell, if half the ps3 games listed could in fact be ported over many people would be happy. Ports arent a bad word imho. Actually, I wish this system was nothing but ports of PS2 HD collections and PS3 games with the addition of the best IOS/Android games available on PS Mobile.
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#33Sailor GoonPosted 2/7/2013 3:32:05 PM
I own 21 Vita games. The system has a lot of great games. The problem isnt the games, its the marketing and price that people are whining about.
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#34NnamzPosted 2/7/2013 3:33:23 PM
When people say that they are most likely talking about JRPG's.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#35DalekZeroPosted 2/7/2013 3:38:14 PM
Nnamz posted...
When people say that they are most likely talking about JRPG's.

True. And while i agree people are complaining too mich, i too want jrpgs. And bioshock.
---
always assume everybody on the Internet is either a 12 year old, or a creeper in his mid 40's. The Internet makes more sense that way.
#36Koi_TenchiPosted 2/7/2013 3:49:02 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
well..take a look at the upcoming games list for this year on this site....it's pretty depressing. are there even 10?

It could be worse. We could be losing all our exclusives like WiiU.

Wait, getting no games is better than getting non-exclusive games?

Huh?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#37ssjtrunk1Posted 2/7/2013 3:50:44 PM
its missing

Persona 4, Call of duty black ops,resistance, sky cooper,soul sacrifice, A tales game,assasin creed,ninja gaiden,marvel vs capcom 3, Mortal Kombat,Disgaea,Ys, Madden,Mlb,dead or alive,killzone,silent hill, lego games,uncharted,metal gear solid,harry potter,oddworld,fifa,virtua tennis,valhalla knights,little big planet,modnation, need for speed,wipeout,ridge racer,motorstorm,dj max,gravity rush,jet set radio,racthet and clank,rayman,street fighter vs tekken,unit 13..........

OH WAIT
---
Today I have over 2800 karma.
#38MrMisanthropePosted 2/7/2013 4:59:13 PM
ssjtrunk1 posted...
its missing

Persona 4, Call of duty black ops,resistance, sky cooper,soul sacrifice, A tales game,assasin creed,ninja gaiden,marvel vs capcom 3, Mortal Kombat,Disgaea,Ys, Madden,Mlb,dead or alive,killzone,silent hill, lego games,uncharted,metal gear solid,harry potter,oddworld,fifa,virtua tennis,valhalla knights,little big planet,modnation, need for speed,wipeout,ridge racer,motorstorm,dj max,gravity rush,jet set radio,racthet and clank,rayman,street fighter vs tekken,unit 13..........

OH WAIT

I think you actually touch on the problem in your attempt to deny it exists. How many of those games don't also have superior versions available on the PS3? People buy consoles -- even handheld ones -- for games they can't play anywhere else.

The most-likely Vita buyer is someone who already has a PS3. So why would they pony up $250 US, plus the arm and a leg for a memory card? Just for portability's sake? Not likely.

So that's why there's truth to the "There are no games" claim. Treating the Vita like a portable PS3 is exactly the problem.
#39djmaster1994Posted 2/7/2013 5:06:10 PM
KaneBlueriver posted...
...Franchises?

Sega: Puyo Puyo, VF, Virtual-On, Sonic, 7th Dragon
Square-Enix: Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Saga series
Bandainamco: Ace Combat, Taiko no Tatsujin, Pac-Man
Banpresto: Super Robot Taisen
Capcom: Resident Evil, Megaman, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter
Compile Heart: Argarest Senki
Konami: Lov... Ur... I mean, Castlevania
Chunsoft: Fuurai no Shiren
SNKPlaymore: ...............................................

Xenosaga is Namco
with out Monolith Soft Namco can't work on it. Who is owned by Nintendo and will only work with Namco if Nintendo allows it.
Project X Zone for example Namco published it but Monolith Soft develop it.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#40DemonDog666Posted 2/7/2013 5:07:29 PM
Ajescent posted...
When people say "it has no games", they often mean "it has no games that I want it to have"

No it means it has no games in franchises I am already a huge fan of that are exclusives and not a cash grab (COD, Resistance) that are being heavily advertised.