When people say "Vita has no games" - what kinds of games is it missing?

#41djmaster1994Posted 2/7/2013 6:08:16 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
I own 21 Vita games. The system has a lot of great games. The problem isnt the games, its the marketing and price that people are whining about.

denial

1 person does not speak for 1,000,000 of people who wants it.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#42CompassPosted 2/7/2013 6:10:22 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
well..take a look at the upcoming games list for this year on this site....it's pretty depressing. are there even 10?

It could be worse. We could be losing all our exclusives like WiiU.

lol @ your fanboyism. Yes, it's worse to lose exclusives than to not have games in the first place.
#43xfactorPosted 2/7/2013 6:10:59 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
well..take a look at the upcoming games list for this year on this site....it's pretty depressing. are there even 10?

It could be worse. We could be losing all our exclusives like WiiU.

There isn't much vita exclusives in the first place, let alone those that people want.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#44eclecticgiftPosted 2/7/2013 7:03:15 PM
Here's what I want and what would make Vita owners and prospective Vita owners cream their pants:

1) Xenoblade Chronicles
2) Monster Hunter Tri
---
Washington Nationals - Best Rotation Ever
Strasburg | Gio | Zimmermann | Haren | Detwiler
#45Sailor GoonPosted 2/7/2013 7:09:26 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
I own 21 Vita games. The system has a lot of great games. The problem isnt the games, its the marketing and price that people are whining about.

denial

1 person does not speak for 1,000,000 of people who wants it.

a dozen trolls on gamefaqs = 1 million people now
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#46NotCeoPosted 2/7/2013 7:19:23 PM
There are 2 major problems:
1) The Vita's library doesn't excel in any one genre. There are a lot of average-great titles, not a lot of genres with a slew of good titles.
2) The "users" perpetuating the perception that the Vita has no games.
#47NnamzPosted 2/7/2013 11:45:46 PM
DalekZero posted...
Nnamz posted...
When people say that they are most likely talking about JRPG's.

True. And while i agree people are complaining too mich, i too want jrpgs. And bioshock.

Same.

Vita is doing quite well in the smaller indie game category, which fits quite nicely in short gaming bursts on the go. It also has at least 1 great game in most genres. The problem is that it doesn't have many great games in all genres.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#48kcypher2000Posted 2/7/2013 11:53:00 PM
NotCeo posted...
There are 2 major problems:
1) The Vita's library doesn't excel in any one genre. There are a lot of average-great titles, not a lot of genres with a slew of good titles.
2) The "users" perpetuating the perception that the Vita has no games.

It really has no games. It has inferior multi platform games and ports of old games from two gens ago. Its exclusives are forgettable at best. Vita is an expensive system which lacks games. Smart phones have better games, oh and before you ponies deny it just look at all the topics there were about jetpack joyride.
#49TalicusPosted 2/8/2013 4:45:53 AM
Ajescent posted...
You guys need to make your mind up. You complain the vita has too many ports but then say "wouldn't it be cool if X could be played on the go", which is it? what do you want?

I think there is some misunderstanding here. It's not the ports that people hate, it's the bad ports. I think that people would be thrilled if there were games like Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2 and Resistance 3 for it. Heck, one game that has been in the Top 5 message boards is Final Fantasy X HD and that is a port of a PS2 game!

Instead we get Assassins Creed Liberation, Call of Duty Declassified and Resistance Retribution which are "not similar" to say the least.

If there was a NEW game that is AS GOOD AS Ni no Kuni then that's even better. But realistically speaking those high-budget games will not be developed for Vita with such a small userbase. Just give me a portable PS3 and I'd be happy. Give me a new PS3-like experience on the go and I'd be aesthetic but I don't see that happening.
---
Please excuse me for my poor English.
Thank you.
#50BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/11/2013 5:44:02 AM
Grand Theft Auto new entry
NBA 2K (or Live)
Def Jam (Fight for NY: The Takeover remake)
WWE (current series or No Mercy remake)
Contra 5
DC Universe Online
Dark Cloud 3 (wishful thinking I know)
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059