OMG... Dissidia 012 on ps vita is pixelized...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. OMG... Dissidia 012 on ps vita is pixelized...
4 years ago#21
^Well that was a port of a PS1 game....
4 years ago#22
Duodecim is awesome on Vita.
Soul Sacrifice TGS 2012 Trailer:
http://youtu.be/hIoGoG-7L-c
4 years ago#23
It looks great to me.
PS3/VITA:arclouksx -Now playing:Dead space 3,Ps all stars,Dissidia Duodecim 012, Vagrant story,KZ3 MP.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
4 years ago#24
I haven't found a PSP game, specially 3D, that looks better on the VITA.

Stuff just looks great on native res.. I'm not a fan of the over saturated VITA colors (thanks for the PSP Color space option) and I hate the black levels of the VITA (too dark/loss in detail).
4 years ago#25
juicy
4 years ago#26
Tempest717 posted...
Do all PSP games look bad on the Vita? The only one I've tried was FFT: War of the Lions, and it looked pretty horrible.

No most of the 2D handdrawn/pixelart sprite based games still look really good (or at least as good). It's mostly the 3D modeled/texture based games that look noticeably worse.
4 years ago#27
Azure_lKite posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...

480x272 X 2 = 960x544(Vitas resolution)

What am I missing here?

Oops. I worded it wrong. Not the resolution but the number of pixels, too late to edit lol.

XphoenixedgeX posted...
Understood :)

WTF? Azure, you were right. The resolution is the number of pixels. You are multiplying both the x and y axis by 2. How do people not get this.

Multiplication is hard, huh, phoenixedge!
4 years ago#28
XphoenixedgeX posted...
Azure_lKite posted...
XphoenixedgeX posted...
mrekli posted...
Wow someone actually thinks pap games look worse on the Vita. Seriously when's the last time you actually used a PSP?

They do look worse. The only thing PSP games benefit from Vitas screen is better color and contrast.
It's the fact that they're being stretched from a resolution that's half the native resolution of Vita's screen that makes them look worse.

Actually they're stretched to four times the original resolution.

It does look a tad pixelated, but the vastly superior colors make up for it IMO.

480x272 X 2 = 960x544(Vitas resolution)

What am I missing here?

You have to multiply both sides by 2 which basically is multiplying the product by 4. Pass 3rd grade before you correct people
Core i5 3570k @3.6GHz | MSI GTX670 PE | 16GB 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjaws | 2x 500GB 7200RPM
4 years ago#29
Thanks for pointing that out Bobby. I stand corrected.
I always forget that both the horizontal and vertical values need to be multiplied.

I also wasnt correcting him. Did you not see me asking "what am I missing"?
4 years ago#30
mrekli posted...
Wow someone actually thinks pap games look worse on the Vita. Seriously when's the last time you actually used a PSP?

Umm... everyone who isn't completely goddamned blind to picture compromise not only thinks, but KNOWS PSP games look worse on Vita.
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. OMG... Dissidia 012 on ps vita is pixelized...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived