What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

#1FunkyMonkey1897Posted 2/7/2013 12:40:51 PM
I'm currently in the market for a used Vita (search eBay and craigslist), and I was wondering what important things I should ask or look for when on the hunt. Is there important information I can find within the system's menu (ex. number of charge cycles, hours played, etc.) or is there a life expectancy on a system I should be aware of. Any advice/tips help.

Much appreciated, thanks!
#2Manilo_PunishPosted 2/7/2013 12:43:07 PM
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.
---
The Punish.
#3XplodnPnguins92Posted 2/7/2013 12:45:13 PM
be aware of the fact that there's a 99% chance that the previous owner used it while on the crapper.
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png
#4neviPosted 2/7/2013 1:15:46 PM
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
be aware of the fact that there's a 99% chance that the previous owner used it while on the crapper.

And maybe he touched his gonads and went back to the Vita... Oh my! :J
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.
#5chrispy145Posted 2/7/2013 1:21:26 PM
Remember: if you buy a used system and it fails you, it is not under warranty. You'll have to shell out $160 for Sony to fix it. I learned this the hard way.
#6LitCandlezPosted 2/7/2013 1:38:20 PM
Protip:

Don't buy a used Vita and just wait until the price drop if you must. The Vita needs all the sales it can get.

Sony is like a charity.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#7j2zon2591Posted 2/7/2013 1:49:06 PM
Unless it's cowboom at 129.99, Don't bother.. if it's a friend; ask for a receipt if possible.

Check screen for vertical lines.
#8MickleohbPosted 2/7/2013 1:54:34 PM
To be honest I just wouldn't do it. I bought a used PS3 a few years ago and it crapped out pretty soon after. Since then I haven't really considered buying an expensive electronic used.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#9FunkyMonkey1897(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:04:20 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
Unless it's cowboom at 129.99, Don't bother.. if it's a friend; ask for a receipt if possible.

Check screen for vertical lines.

I actually did snag a $130 Vita off cowboom this morning and am going to see its condition. Worst case scenario I can return it after the potentially big Sony announcement on February 20th (price drop or new version of the Vita?). I plan on picking up Persona 4 Golden in the meanwhile.

My main concern at this point is that I'll need a memory card that could also end up benefiting from a price drop. I have a PlayStation Plus subscription and would like the 32 GB card to get the best bang for my buck.
#10NovaCastPosted 2/7/2013 2:05:15 PM
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.
---