What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?
2 years ago#1
I'm currently in the market for a used Vita (search eBay and craigslist), and I was wondering what important things I should ask or look for when on the hunt. Is there important information I can find within the system's menu (ex. number of charge cycles, hours played, etc.) or is there a life expectancy on a system I should be aware of. Any advice/tips help.

Much appreciated, thanks!
2 years ago#2
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.
---
The Punish.
2 years ago#3
be aware of the fact that there's a 99% chance that the previous owner used it while on the crapper.
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png
2 years ago#4
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
be aware of the fact that there's a 99% chance that the previous owner used it while on the crapper.

And maybe he touched his gonads and went back to the Vita... Oh my! :J
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.
2 years ago#5
Remember: if you buy a used system and it fails you, it is not under warranty. You'll have to shell out $160 for Sony to fix it. I learned this the hard way.
2 years ago#6
Protip:

Don't buy a used Vita and just wait until the price drop if you must. The Vita needs all the sales it can get.

Sony is like a charity.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
2 years ago#7
Unless it's cowboom at 129.99, Don't bother.. if it's a friend; ask for a receipt if possible.

Check screen for vertical lines.
2 years ago#8
To be honest I just wouldn't do it. I bought a used PS3 a few years ago and it crapped out pretty soon after. Since then I haven't really considered buying an expensive electronic used.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
2 years ago#9
j2zon2591 posted...
Unless it's cowboom at 129.99, Don't bother.. if it's a friend; ask for a receipt if possible.

Check screen for vertical lines.

I actually did snag a $130 Vita off cowboom this morning and am going to see its condition. Worst case scenario I can return it after the potentially big Sony announcement on February 20th (price drop or new version of the Vita?). I plan on picking up Persona 4 Golden in the meanwhile.

My main concern at this point is that I'll need a memory card that could also end up benefiting from a price drop. I have a PlayStation Plus subscription and would like the 32 GB card to get the best bang for my buck.
2 years ago#10
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.
---
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived