What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

User Info: LitCandlez

LitCandlez
3 years ago#11
NovaCast posted...
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.

Hell no. Too many people sell broken consoles on Ebay for it to be worth more than $15. For most people it is just a toy to be thrown around anyway.
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
3 years ago#12
FunkyMonkey1897 posted...
I'm currently in the market for a used Vita (search eBay and craigslist), and I was wondering what important things I should ask or look for when on the hunt. Is there important information I can find within the system's menu (ex. number of charge cycles, hours played, etc.) or is there a life expectancy on a system I should be aware of. Any advice/tips help.

Much appreciated, thanks!

if craigslist, make sure you inspect it throughly before handing over the money.... if there are a lot of scratches on the case, it means it was dropped a bunch. check the screen make sure there are no obvious scratches... make sure it can load a game and powers on, make sure the charger works.

if ebay, I would just buy from reputable sellers only (i.e. 100% feedback only).

I bought mine on craigslist 9 months ago (saved about $120 vs. buying everything I got new) and (knock on wood) so far so good.

User Info: NovaCast

NovaCast
3 years ago#13
LitCandlez posted...
NovaCast posted...
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.

Hell no. Too many people sell broken consoles on Ebay for it to be worth more than $15. For most people it is just a toy to be thrown around anyway.

Sure there are lots of broken consoles sold on ebay it doesn't mean a whole lot of them are sold for $15, in fact maybe if you are lucky you will find a broken/non working console for $15.. 5% of the time.

Handhelds might go for a little less but not really.

Nintendo ds lites that are broken and or partially working sell for usually $20-$25.
wiis sell for about $30-$40
Psp's ( $25~)

I would surely pay more than $15 for a broken or partially non working vita, i bought a non working one a couple of weeks ago for $55. I know how to fix these things though for someone else to ''hope'' they can fix it its just a gamble and probably a waste of time.

User Info: kingofall214

kingofall214
3 years ago#14
chrispy145 posted...
Remember: if you buy a used system and it fails you, it is not under warranty. You'll have to shell out $160 for Sony to fix it. I learned this the hard way.

Is it really $160 that Sony charges to fix it? Also if you buy it used at gamestop you can buy a 1(or 2 not sure which) year plan which anyone who buys it used should. They will just switch it out for another one.
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived