What should I look out for when purchasing a used Vita?

#11LitCandlezPosted 2/7/2013 3:16:09 PM
NovaCast posted...
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.

Hell no. Too many people sell broken consoles on Ebay for it to be worth more than $15. For most people it is just a toy to be thrown around anyway.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#12smelly_boobPosted 2/7/2013 4:11:51 PM
FunkyMonkey1897 posted...
I'm currently in the market for a used Vita (search eBay and craigslist), and I was wondering what important things I should ask or look for when on the hunt. Is there important information I can find within the system's menu (ex. number of charge cycles, hours played, etc.) or is there a life expectancy on a system I should be aware of. Any advice/tips help.

Much appreciated, thanks!

if craigslist, make sure you inspect it throughly before handing over the money.... if there are a lot of scratches on the case, it means it was dropped a bunch. check the screen make sure there are no obvious scratches... make sure it can load a game and powers on, make sure the charger works.

if ebay, I would just buy from reputable sellers only (i.e. 100% feedback only).

I bought mine on craigslist 9 months ago (saved about $120 vs. buying everything I got new) and (knock on wood) so far so good.
#13NovaCastPosted 2/9/2013 12:20:26 AM
LitCandlez posted...
NovaCast posted...
Manilo_Punish posted...
Don't buy a vita for 15 bucks. A lot of ppl learned that the hard way.

Even a broken or non working vita is worth more than $15.

Hell no. Too many people sell broken consoles on Ebay for it to be worth more than $15. For most people it is just a toy to be thrown around anyway.

Sure there are lots of broken consoles sold on ebay it doesn't mean a whole lot of them are sold for $15, in fact maybe if you are lucky you will find a broken/non working console for $15.. 5% of the time.

Handhelds might go for a little less but not really.

Nintendo ds lites that are broken and or partially working sell for usually $20-$25.
wiis sell for about $30-$40
Psp's ( $25~)

I would surely pay more than $15 for a broken or partially non working vita, i bought a non working one a couple of weeks ago for $55. I know how to fix these things though for someone else to ''hope'' they can fix it its just a gamble and probably a waste of time.
---
#14kingofall214Posted 2/9/2013 12:28:40 AM
chrispy145 posted...
Remember: if you buy a used system and it fails you, it is not under warranty. You'll have to shell out $160 for Sony to fix it. I learned this the hard way.

Is it really $160 that Sony charges to fix it? Also if you buy it used at gamestop you can buy a 1(or 2 not sure which) year plan which anyone who buys it used should. They will just switch it out for another one.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214