Will vita get a decent rpg that's not a port?

#1bulletproven50Posted 2/7/2013 11:04:51 PM
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#2Bancario51Posted 2/7/2013 11:29:40 PM
that YS game about the ocean or something.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#3xenos74Posted 2/7/2013 11:32:57 PM
Bancario51 posted...
that YS game about the ocean or something.

That would be Ys: Memories of Celceta, or in JP Ys: Celceta no jukai (if tc wants to look it up).

It looks great IMO, can't wait till fall to play it
#4bluedmonPosted 2/8/2013 12:05:44 AM
bulletproven50 posted...
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#5carsaucePosted 2/8/2013 12:33:19 AM
Ys: Memories of Celceta is NOT a port.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#6bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:38:36 AM
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#7yankee6903Posted 2/8/2013 10:41:56 AM
bulletproven50 posted...
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)

You are missing his point. Many of the great games for the PSP were released 2-4 years after the system was released. For most of the world the Vita has been out less than a year. IE look for another year (year 2) before we get them.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#8Lord_VishanaPosted 2/8/2013 10:55:38 AM
Ports aren't necessarily a bad thing, although the Vita does need some new RPG's for the system.

Currently, the only legitimately new RPG's for the Vita are Ys: Memories of Celceta, Valhalla Knights 3, Demons Gaze and Dragon Fantasy.
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9melchiahdimPosted 2/8/2013 11:00:29 AM
RPGs take a long time to develop. 3DS is only just starting to get some. New ones will be made, just be patient.

I'm just happy because I never played Disgaea 3 or Persona 4 on consoles, so they are new to me.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#10wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/8/2013 1:15:41 PM
I think dungeon crawlers are less expensive to develop (but I could be wrong thar).

Why not a new Breath of Fire?