Will vita get a decent rpg that's not a port?

#11bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:11:17 PM
yankee6903 posted...
bulletproven50 posted...
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)

You are missing his point. Many of the great games for the PSP were released 2-4 years after the system was released. For most of the world the Vita has been out less than a year. IE look for another year (year 2) before we get them.

Nope, I remeber the psp launch, it is way different Sony supported psp much more. From wiki, the psp was released in 2005, Gta liberty city was released in 05 now that's how you deliver, then vice city was released the next year. The psp only had a 9 month drought if that. The vita is having their second season of droughts. Yeah is February but there's nothing coming in the few months even rachet n clank got delayed again.its ok to say the vita just sucks right now, it's nothing to do with a "oh the psp suffered the same way with no games" when no it didn't in under 1 1/2 year it got 2 gta games ..........
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#12MaroziPosted 2/8/2013 7:12:42 PM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
I think dungeon crawlers are less expensive to develop (but I could be wrong thar).

Why not a new Breath of Fire?

""There are currently no plans on making a new Breath of Fire game. Apart from that, regarding RPG titles, they are very popular in Japan, but only certain RPG titles sell so Capcom doesn't really need to even consider making these titles as an option."" ~ Keiji Inafune.
---
Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. NEVER cut a deal with a dragon. XBox: Oceansouldog
#13Bancario51Posted 2/8/2013 7:25:33 PM
well it depends. do you want the vita to be a portable port machine?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#14Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/8/2013 7:32:37 PM
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...
Most or if not all vita RPGs are ports or remakes. Gravity rush is more of a open world hack n slash not a true rpg if you ask me.

I'm lookin for something like final fantasy 7 crisis core(deep story/action) or we can go back to the classics turn base RPGs like legend of dragon, breath fire, Lunar(now a classic series on ps1)...... What about the ps2 rpg Hack? Back in the ps2 days I would remeber seeing that game on shelves like every 6 months lol

just alittle information for you. the psp launched in 2005. crisis core wasnt released until 2008. everything else wasnt on a portable so you cant expect a "decent nonport" rpg within 1 yr of the Vita launching. food for thought

but there are more than 5 nonport RPGs in the japanese psn shop, they just need to be localized so you can play it.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#15TeremeiPosted 2/8/2013 8:49:26 PM
Yeah I LOVED Ys VII so I'm really looking forward to that Ys IV remake. Compile Heart and gust are churning out some ports and new titles too so it's very likely NISA might start bringing some Vita titles over aswell.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#16Shadowfxd2Posted 2/8/2013 8:50:09 PM

it already is!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#17bluedmonPosted 2/8/2013 10:45:50 PM
bulletproven50 posted...
yankee6903 posted...
bulletproven50 posted...
bluedmon posted...
bulletproven50 posted...

Thought for food according to the forecast there's no games coming out within the next 6 months far as classic rpg or hardcore rpg. Ss is a hack n slash rpg. And before you say wait for E3, ha we all know nothing worth getting happy for will get announced, then you gonna wait atlease 4 months before any game at e3 gets released (around this time psp had tons of games announced all the way out to 9 months and close as 2 months out)

You are missing his point. Many of the great games for the PSP were released 2-4 years after the system was released. For most of the world the Vita has been out less than a year. IE look for another year (year 2) before we get them.

Nope, I remeber the psp launch, it is way different Sony supported psp much more. From wiki, the psp was released in 2005, Gta liberty city was released in 05 now that's how you deliver, then vice city was released the next year. The psp only had a 9 month drought if that. The vita is having their second season of droughts. Yeah is February but there's nothing coming in the few months even rachet n clank got delayed again.its ok to say the vita just sucks right now, it's nothing to do with a "oh the psp suffered the same way with no games" when no it didn't in under 1 1/2 year it got 2 gta games ..........

you realize those were basically ports right?
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#18SmoshCuchPosted 2/9/2013 12:03:15 AM
bluedmon posted...
you realize those were basically ports right?

No, I don't, because they were not ports in any way.

I love how the topic question was answered in the very next post, but the TC continued to ignore it.

Congratulations, Bancario51, you successfully butted the troll off of the bridge.
#19bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:28:27 AM
5 months ago at the high point of the drought before ac3 and cod got here you could compare it to psp slow game releases....but after that Gta was released it set things on fire, I remeber psp was getting all the nba sports,madden,MLB,need for speeds downed versions. After ac3 and cod launched it didn't change any motivation for the vita, like those games didn't have any kind of effects on the vita, simply because Sony poor decision on convincing developers that it may would of been better for a mw3 port since bo2 was releasing and ac3 cross play with the vita
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#20wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/10/2013 12:53:18 AM
Bancario51 posted...

I don't understand "kids" these days.
N64 and PS2 were not full of ports, but they were certainly full of sequels from the days of the earlier systems (Snes and PS1 in this case).

What the HELL is the difference between a sequel from a previous gen and a port?
SAME S***, people!