Well, my year long holiday ends tomorrow.

#1Mr BumpPosted 2/7/2013 11:12:49 PM
I dunno if anyone remembers me, but I was asking back in may, when I was in NYC about buying a Vita to fill my console void while travelling. Well, back home to NZ tomorrow and the Vita has been great. I've a load of games; LBP, NFS, ACIII, Rayman, Disgea (which had by far the most play!) and Rayman, not to mention a fair few DLC titles (JSR and Stranger being the standouts). It's been really good for long bus and train journeys - especially a very bumpy train trip in Vietnam when I couldn't sleep a wink! Like I think most Vita owners, i love it - it's some great hardware, with great games - it's a shame more people aren't giving it a go. I dislike a lot of the stupid touch screen antics crowbarred into some of the games (hello Uncharted!), but otherwise, it's a real winner and I'm sure ill continue to use it even once I have all my consoles back!
---
You know your god is man-made when he hates all the same people you do.
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: MisterBump
#2redmarthPosted 2/7/2013 11:41:47 PM
What do you do for a living so you can have a year long holiday?
#3gears1Posted 2/7/2013 11:44:50 PM
redmarth posted...
What do you do for a living so you can have a year long holiday?

Horing
---
They start eating the fences, band together and break into your house, leave before dawn, your villagers will be pregnant and your diamonds will be gone.
#4Mr Bump(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:18:18 AM
I'm an ICT consultant, she's a lawyer and we saved up lots. Plus my fiancée and I were planning on moving from one part of the country to another, so we were going to sell our house and quit our jobs anyway. Also, it's not career suicide to take a year off like it might be in the US - in fact in NZ it's almost expected and employers like it when they see you've got it out of your system! ;)
---
#5XMonkeySniperXPosted 2/8/2013 12:29:56 AM
Well that's awesome. Graduating from college, it feels like I'm going to have a long ass "vacation" whether I want it or not.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#6BossBangPosted 2/8/2013 12:49:56 AM
Mr Bump posted...
I'm an ICT consultant, she's a lawyer and we saved up lots. Plus my fiancée and I were planning on moving from one part of the country to another, so we were going to sell our house and quit our jobs anyway. Also, it's not career suicide to take a year off like it might be in the US - in fact in NZ it's almost expected and employers like it when they see you've got it out of your system! ;)

ICT?
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 2/8/2013 2:44:30 AM
Glad you enjoyed your purchase...I find it hard not to love my Vita as well...easily got my $250 worth a long time ago
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#8Mr Bump(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:10:26 AM
Aye, and I'm looking forward to hooking it up to my PS3 and also stuff like Killzone and Soul Sacrifice!
---