Seriously, where the f*** are the games? 3DS already have 5 system sellers

#251squatch22Posted 2/14/2013 1:47:01 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
So, why does the 3DS owner buy, on average, 3 games per year?

I own over 25 games for my 3DS in less than 2 years.

What's the Vita attach rate btw? 1 game per console sold?
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#252LuminescentRulePosted 2/14/2013 2:49:37 AM

We don't have standalone PS Vita numbers. But PSP + Vita have an attach ratio of 4.5 over 2012 compared to the 3DS's 3.

I guess you're making up for the millions of kids who get their parents to buy a 3DS for them - along with the 1 game.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#253GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 8:46:51 AM

We don't have standalone PS Vita numbers. But PSP + Vita have an attach ratio of 4.5 over 2012 compared to the 3DS's 3.

I guess you're making up for the millions of kids who get their parents to buy a 3DS for them - along with the 1 game.

I actually have to restrain myself from buying too much crap when it comes to gaming, but my DS has the least amount of games among my portables, with my PSP and GB Color being respectively first and second and the Vita being a distant third ahead of everything else.

Of course, the console that I own the most games for is the Genesis, followed by the PS2, but nevermind that.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#254AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/14/2013 8:57:02 AM

Cool, let's add the DS attach rate numbers to the 3DS numbers and play it that way! Which will really, really cast the Vita+PSP attach rate in a negative light:)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#255GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:01:23 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

Cool, let's add the DS attach rate numbers to the 3DS numbers and play it that way! Which will really, really cast the Vita+PSP attach rate in a negative light:)

And lest you 'forget' to mention it, 70% of that attach rate comes from the 50 million versions of Pokemon alone. Because nothing inflates sales like brainless fanboys snatching up multiple copies of the same goddamn game just to 'catch 'em all'.

Pokemon is the scam of the century, and no one ever realizes it.

No, I am not a fan of the 'buy both games if you want a full pokedex' business model.
---
#256xenos74Posted 2/14/2013 11:06:02 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

And lest you 'forget' to mention it, 70% of that attach rate comes from the 50 million versions of Pokemon alone. Because nothing inflates sales like brainless fanboys snatching up multiple copies of the same goddamn game just to 'catch 'em all'.

No, I am not a fan of the 'buy both games if you want a full pokedex' business model.

So let's say we remove all those 50 million versions of Pokemon alone, would the equivalent for the PSP be to remove all the MH sales on it? MH is largely considered as the franchise to save the PSP after all.

/sigh, I just contributed to trolling. Its a rotting feeling indeed
#257AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/14/2013 11:09:56 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

More pathetic, brain-dead and source-lacking reassurance...on the Vita board?! Well I never...

Seriously, you make yourself look worse every day here bro...I think you need a time out;)
---
#258GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:10:59 AM
xenos74 posted...

So let's say we remove all those 50 million versions of Pokemon alone, would the equivalent for the PSP be to remove all the MH sales on it? MH is largely considered as the franchise to save the PSP after all.

/sigh, I just contributed to trolling. Its a rotting feeling indeed

No, because MH isn't a game where you need the previous one to complete the quests list for the next one.

My beef with Pokemon is the whole 'only certain pokemon in each game, if you want them all, buy both or scramble to find people who will trade, sucker' business model. I despise pretty much all games that do this. Not just Pokemon but Robopon, Telefang, etc.
---
#259GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:14:39 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...

More pathetic, brain-dead and source-lacking reassurance...on the Vita board?! Well I never...

Seriously, you make yourself look worse every day here bro...I think you need a time out;)

Are you dense, trolling, slow on the uptake or all three at once? I'm not reassuring a damn thing, I'm attacking the specific business model that Pokemon popularized, what I call 'split one game on two carts'. It doesn't matter what console it happens on, I equally despise it everywhere, Pokemon is just the worst offender.

I find it equally repulsive in DemiKids, and I'm the biggest Megaten fanboy you'll find on this board.

And it's a pretty solid fact that the combined sales of all the DS Pokemon games are so gargantuan they dwarf those of every other game...
---
#260AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/14/2013 11:19:29 AM
^Ruh-roh, the little lady is about to have another meltdown!
Poor girl needs to flame and troll to get her (failed) point across...it's sadlarious.

For such well-known facts, I find a lack of a source downright criminal.

So...source on Pokemon being the only reason DS has such a high attach-rate?;)

And no more tears please...you've already run yourself dry over the past few days sweetie:0)
---