Seriously, where the f*** are the games? 3DS already have 5 system sellers

#271GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:21:27 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Suichimo posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

More pathetic, brain-dead and source-lacking reassurance...on the Vita board?! Well I never...

Seriously, you make yourself look worse every day here bro...I think you need a time out;)

Are you dense, trolling, slow on the uptake or all three at once? I'm not reassuring a damn thing, I'm attacking the specific business model that Pokemon popularized, what I call 'split one game on two carts'. It doesn't matter what console it happens on, I equally despise it everywhere, Pokemon is just the worst offender.

I find it equally repulsive in DemiKids, and I'm the biggest Megaten fanboy you'll find on this board.

And it's a pretty solid fact that the combined sales of all the DS Pokemon games are so gargantuan they dwarf those of every other game...

If you don't want to count DS sales, you don't get to count PSP sales. Unfortunately for you, that means that you don't really have North American numbers to go off of, as Sony doesn't really want to talk about those.

Also, is it really so bad that a game has an aspect, especially the game that basically invented said aspect, that forces you to work with other people?

It's only bad because it didn't originate on a Sony system. It would have been ultra innovative if Sony had come up with it:)

No, it'd have been equally repulsive on a Sony system. In fact, I wasn't much of a fan of the 'import old save to get bonuses' mechanic with Suikoden either. But at least with a save, you could simply grab one off the Net and there ya go. With game carts on DS? Yeah, no.

And just to clarify, if I'm a console fanboy of any kind, I'm a SEGA consoles fanboy. I still to this day consider Dreamcast and Saturn superior to any other console of both their and the successive generation, and I'll never change my mind. The fact some of my most beloved games came from them (Dragon Force, Virtual On, Guardian Heroes, Golden Axe: the Duel, Fighting Vipers, Shining Force 3, just to name a few on Saturn alone) does help.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#272GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:23:32 AM
xenos74 posted...

Still, you're statement is mostly irrelevant. For example, Valkyria chronicles came out for Ps3, then shifted to PSP for 2nd game, then remained on PSP for 3rd game and Japan exclusive. Sucks to be you if you're a fan, and don't own a PSP and live in Japan. Just to be clear, I'm not taking a jab at you either.

The PSP being region free at least means I can import those games if I want to. With the 3DS... yeah, can you tell that the number 1 reason why I didn't buy one is that asinine region lock? -_____________- Nintendo, I am so disappoint.
---
#273AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/14/2013 11:23:47 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Suichimo posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

More pathetic, brain-dead and source-lacking reassurance...on the Vita board?! Well I never...

Seriously, you make yourself look worse every day here bro...I think you need a time out;)

Are you dense, trolling, slow on the uptake or all three at once? I'm not reassuring a damn thing, I'm attacking the specific business model that Pokemon popularized, what I call 'split one game on two carts'. It doesn't matter what console it happens on, I equally despise it everywhere, Pokemon is just the worst offender.

I find it equally repulsive in DemiKids, and I'm the biggest Megaten fanboy you'll find on this board.

And it's a pretty solid fact that the combined sales of all the DS Pokemon games are so gargantuan they dwarf those of every other game...

If you don't want to count DS sales, you don't get to count PSP sales. Unfortunately for you, that means that you don't really have North American numbers to go off of, as Sony doesn't really want to talk about those.

Also, is it really so bad that a game has an aspect, especially the game that basically invented said aspect, that forces you to work with other people?

It's only bad because it didn't originate on a Sony system. It would have been ultra innovative if Sony had come up with it:)

No, it'd have been equally repulsive on a Sony system. In fact, I wasn't much of a fan of the 'import old save to get bonuses' mechanic with Suikoden either. But at least with a save, you could simply grab one off the Net and there ya go. With game carts on DS? Yeah, no.

And just to clarify, if I'm a console fanboy of any kind, I'm a SEGA consoles fanboy. I still to this day consider Dreamcast and Saturn superior to any other console of both their and the successive generation, and I'll never change my mind. The fact some of my most beloved games came from them (Dragon Force, Virtual On, Guardian Heroes, Golden Axe: the Duel, Fighting Vipers, Shining Force 3, just to name a few on Saturn alone) does help.

I loved the Dreamcast too...that's why to this day I have a bitter taste in my mouth when it comes to Sony.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#274GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:26:58 AM
The Dreamcast wasn't killed by Sony, it was killed by Sega's incompetence. And by the disastrous damage Bernie Stolar caused in his time there, too, let's not forget that.
---
#275SuichimoPosted 2/14/2013 11:27:48 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
It is if you don't have many players living in the area. What are you supposed to do if you live in the sticks, take the train to the big city every day just so you can trade?

And my point on DS sales isn't that I don't want to count them, it's that a HUGE chunk of them are Pokemon sales, and Pokemon sells in very large part thanks to this ripoff strategy of dividing one full game in two chunks so that people will be forced to seek people with the other chunk out and hope they're willing to trade - or buy both games - or buy a cheat device - if they actually want to complete the Pokedex. And that's disregarding the event-only Pokemon which, if you have the bad luck of not living in range of one of the events where they're distributed, are lost forever.

It's an extremely shifty, dishonest business scheme, and if it were anything other than games, it'd probably get people arrested over it.

Pokemon is a great idea, but greed is ruining it.

Nintendo and Gamefreak have made a lot of strides in that area, with online being the catalyst. You now have the Global Trade Center, which lets you trade with people online, and a lot of the event Pokemon are now being distributed through NWFC. This is all as of the first Pokemon games that appeared on the DS, at that. So no, you don't have to go into the big city to trade or any of that.

Of course, this is all assuming that you don't have friends/siblings that are also interested in the series.

The business model was never to make people go out and buy both versions themselves. Its so one person would get Version A and the other would get Version B and they would have a mutual interest in trading with each other.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#276xenos74Posted 2/14/2013 11:28:05 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Suichimo posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...

Honestly, you're just coming off as jaded.
Skylanders seems to be the "new" collect em fad. If they were to produce more new toys and stop producing the old ones, should they track down the old ones and completely remove them from the game and purchasers to make the game equal to old and new fans? I also realize that skylanders has the potential to be an even bigger "scam" than Pokemon due to the relatively high prices on the figures...but the point is that people like them and more importantly, they're very willing to buy them
#277GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 11:52:55 AM
xenos74 posted...

Honestly, you're just coming off as jaded.
Skylanders seems to be the "new" collect em fad. If they were to produce more new toys and stop producing the old ones, should they track down the old ones and completely remove them from the game and purchasers to make the game equal to old and new fans? I also realize that skylanders has the potential to be an even bigger "scam" than Pokemon due to the relatively high prices on the figures...but the point is that people like them and more importantly, they're very willing to buy them

I'm not 'coming off' as jaded, I AM jaded.

And on Skylanders? I actually TOLD a friend of mine "They'll sell this crap by the truckloads, people are stupid with stuff like this". And lo and behold... I was right.

I know the model sells. It's still no less of a scam in my opinion. That's what made me jaded. It was all fun and games when there were only 151 pokemon, then the whole thing escalated, and now...

The worst part is that a lot of Pokemon might as well be clones of each other. The few top-tier ones are clearly better, the remaining ones tend to be samething all over the place, with minor differences that aren't enough to make them stand out.

Maybe I'm just tired of the bloating of the franchise, but... can you blame me? It all feels like a ripoff... maybe I've simply seen too much over a quarter of a century of gaming.

At least with Monster Rancher you could still get them all - owning rare CDs just gave you rare monsters that had much better stats and loadouts than normal, but with patient breeding you could make monsters far better than even those over the game.
---
#278xenos74Posted 2/14/2013 12:05:07 PM
@GenocideHeart

Yeah I've been gaming for just as long and I can agree with some of your points. If you're jaded then move on to something you do like. No need to get hung up on things you don't like or people who do like that stuff.
#279GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 12:32:19 PM
I did move on from Pokemon. But it's hard to ignore it when every new Pokegame is plastered across every videogame magazine I read...
---
#280YakuoPosted 2/14/2013 1:31:36 PM
These are the Vita games i bought and why i bought them.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Just a fan of the AC games.

Disgaea 3 Absence of Justice
Since those horrible sprites on PS3 made it unplayable for me. I bought this version. It looks a little better on the Vita. It doesnt hurt my eyes at least.

Dynasty Warriors Next
Dynasty Warriors 7 was such a disappointment for me. They removed exp gain and leveling up. You could only power up your character by collecting the dropped stat boost items from generals, making the normal soldiers a chore to kill. Pointless to kill them, even. Later in the game i just rushed straight to the generals, killing the fun. In Next, you can create your own character and level up. Touchscreen musou attacks surprised me how addictive they were to unleash.

Shinobido 2
Fan of the series. Played the first one on PS2 and PSP beating it on easy, normal and hard for all the unlockables. It was that fun.

Silent Hill: Book of Memories
I'm a Silent Hill fan. Though this game is totally different from what we're used to, i also love RPGs. And Vita needs more RPGs. I played the demo and found it fun to play, so why not.

I have Soul Sacrifice and Persona 4 Golden (I live in Europe) pre-ordered. I can't wait for those 2. They'll keep me busy till summer. By then, Ys and Valhalla Knights 3 will be out too. So the Vita has plenty of stuff, for me at least.