Seriously, where the f*** are the games? 3DS already have 5 system sellers

#281kcypher2000Posted 2/14/2013 4:17:24 PM
GenocideHeart posted...
xenos74 posted...

Honestly, you're just coming off as jaded.
Skylanders seems to be the "new" collect em fad. If they were to produce more new toys and stop producing the old ones, should they track down the old ones and completely remove them from the game and purchasers to make the game equal to old and new fans? I also realize that skylanders has the potential to be an even bigger "scam" than Pokemon due to the relatively high prices on the figures...but the point is that people like them and more importantly, they're very willing to buy them

I'm not 'coming off' as jaded, I AM jaded.

And on Skylanders? I actually TOLD a friend of mine "They'll sell this crap by the truckloads, people are stupid with stuff like this". And lo and behold... I was right.

I know the model sells. It's still no less of a scam in my opinion. That's what made me jaded. It was all fun and games when there were only 151 pokemon, then the whole thing escalated, and now...

The worst part is that a lot of Pokemon might as well be clones of each other. The few top-tier ones are clearly better, the remaining ones tend to be samething all over the place, with minor differences that aren't enough to make them stand out.

Maybe I'm just tired of the bloating of the franchise, but... can you blame me? It all feels like a ripoff... maybe I've simply seen too much over a quarter of a century of gaming.

At least with Monster Rancher you could still get them all - owning rare CDs just gave you rare monsters that had much better stats and loadouts than normal, but with patient breeding you could make monsters far better than even those over the game.

I blame you. You whine too damn much. If you dont like it them dont buy it genius and move on with your life. Its an option. Do you whine if you have to pay extra for a supersized meal or just games?

Ps when you are old enough to have kids you will realize skylanders is a great deal. Toy and dlc in one and the characters arent just copies of each other.

Psps. Please dont breed.
#282DaSituationPosted 2/14/2013 5:21:44 PM(edited)
Suichimo posted...
GenocideHeart posted...
It is if you don't have many players living in the area. What are you supposed to do if you live in the sticks, take the train to the big city every day just so you can trade?

And my point on DS sales isn't that I don't want to count them, it's that a HUGE chunk of them are Pokemon sales, and Pokemon sells in very large part thanks to this ripoff strategy of dividing one full game in two chunks so that people will be forced to seek people with the other chunk out and hope they're willing to trade - or buy both games - or buy a cheat device - if they actually want to complete the Pokedex. And that's disregarding the event-only Pokemon which, if you have the bad luck of not living in range of one of the events where they're distributed, are lost forever.

It's an extremely shifty, dishonest business scheme, and if it were anything other than games, it'd probably get people arrested over it.

Pokemon is a great idea, but greed is ruining it.

Nintendo and Gamefreak have made a lot of strides in that area, with online being the catalyst. You now have the Global Trade Center, which lets you trade with people online, and a lot of the event Pokemon are now being distributed through NWFC. This is all as of the first Pokemon games that appeared on the DS, at that. So no, you don't have to go into the big city to trade or any of that.

Of course, this is all assuming that you don't have friends/siblings that are also interested in the series.

The business model was never to make people go out and buy both versions themselves. Its so one person would get Version A and the other would get Version B and they would have a mutual interest in trading with each other.

Yeah, did you really think he would realize that with all the blind b****in and whining he does about practically everything in the world? Added with his apparent lack of reading comprehension skills as displayed by almost every single post ITT.
---
Promoting a grenade-free America!
#283GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 6:14:00 PM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
I blame you. You whine too damn much. If you dont like it them dont buy it genius and move on with your life. Its an option. Do you whine if you have to pay extra for a supersized meal or just games?

Ps when you are old enough to have kids you will realize skylanders is a great deal. Toy and dlc in one and the characters arent just copies of each other.

Psps. Please dont breed.

Old enough to have kids... e_e

Did you by any chance miss the part where I mentioned I've been gaming for 25 years? Just how old do you think 'old enough to have kids' is? 40 years old or something equally ludicrous?

Also, Skylanders is a 'great deal'... until you realize that in order to fully complete the game, you NEED to buy the majority of said toys. Hope your kid isn't the completist type, otherwise you're looking at roughly $70 or so of extra expense just to get the 'missing' toys... At this point, conventional DLC costs less.

DaSituation posted...

Yeah, did you really think he would realize that with all the blind b****in and whining he does about practically everything in the world? Added with his apparent lack of reading comprehension skills as displayed by almost every single post ITT.

I answered that argument by pointing out that some Pokemon CAN'T be realistically gotten any way except by going to those sanctioned Nintendo events that happen once every blue moon and only in major cities, due to internet coverage. I ask ye again, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE STICKS?

And please keep in mind that in rural areas, having a dialup internet is already a damn miracle... you can just forget about using that kind of connection for anything more than browsing websites, let alone using online services related to gaming. Even PSN requires broadband at a bare minimum, and so does Nintendo's online service... dialup won't cut it.

Not everyone in the world has a connection potent enough to handle online services. In fact, most of Europe is in the doghouse Internet-wise.
---
**PS3 ID: GenocideHeart - Vita ID: VR-Jaguarandi**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius
#284GenocideHeartPosted 2/14/2013 6:23:04 PM(edited)
For the record, I have no idea how other countries handle their internet infrastructures being older than my grandma with arthritis, but here in Italy, the National World Wide Web Association has been petitioning our government for YEARS to upgrade the infrastructure to at least British standards, if not American ones. What has the government done? Nothing. They were too busy stealing money and sending the country to hell in a handbasket. And there's only so much that private citizens can do in this case - keeping the infrastructures up to date should be the government's job, not a citizen's.

The net result is that in order to have even just an USB modem with UMTS technology and a 7.2 or 14.4Mbps connection, the average Italian citizen has to pay about 30 euro per month for a 5GB monthly cap before the net speed is throttled to dialup levels. If they want anything more, they gotta spend somewhere between 50 and 60 euro per month, and the cap is still a very low 10GB/month at best (consider that any one game on PSN will be around 5GB nowadays and you can see how limiting that would be).

I'll admit that my situation is especially bad, but I'm not alone in this plight, and for others like me, having servics tied to Internet can be a real problem, just as much as having to go to events. Not to mention games like Mass Effect 3, where getting the best ending without heavy online play is almost impossible...
---
#285DaSituationPosted 2/14/2013 6:37:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#286DaSituationPosted 2/15/2013 12:22:05 AM
Damn deleted my post by accident.

GenocideHeart posted...
I answered that argument by pointing out that some Pokemon CAN'T be gotten any way except by going to those sanctioned Nintendo events that happen once every blue moon and only in major cities. I ask ye again, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE STICKS?

The majority of guys who have Mews, Celebis and the likes don't trade them. It's the point of them being UNIQUE. So either you cheat with a gameshark or other device, or have to forget about them. That's extremely unfair to people who simply can't go to those events, either due to busy life or simply them living too far away.

How many event Pokemon not available in game have not been available as part of a Nintendo online event? Which Pokemon is not available in one version and cannot be simply traded online? Read further about online.

If you really think this is whining, then you obviously have never lived in remote rural areas.

It's still whining.

You should give it a try. It may make you realize how difficult having a pastime like gaming is for people who live there. They don't need the added insult of having to track down other people and/or hiking all the way to the closest large city just to complete the damn pokedex.

And please keep in mind that in rural areas, having a dialup internet is already a damn miracle... you can just forget about using that kind of connection for anything more than browsing websites, let alone using online services related to gaming. Even PSN requires broadband at a bare minimum... dialup won't cut it.

Not everyone in the world has a connection potent enough to handle online services. In fact, most of Europe is in the doghouse Internet-wise.

Too bad 56K works just fine for connecting to the GTS for less than a minute, which is what's needed for Pokemon, as that's what we're discussing.

So that leaves people who have no internet, which yes, is unfair that they lose out on about ~25 Pokemon, given that they coincidentally also don't own any previous versions, which drops that number down to about 8, don't have any friends who play it and can never make it to an event, which I'll admit can be hard.
---
#287GenocideHeartPosted 2/15/2013 1:21:20 AM
DaSituation posted...

Too bad 56K works just fine for connecting to the GTS for less than a minute, which is what's needed for Pokemon, as that's what we're discussing.

So that leaves people who have no internet, which yes, is unfair that they lose out on about ~25 Pokemon, given that they coincidentally also don't own any previous versions, which drops that number down to about 8, don't have any friends who play it and can never make it to an event, which I'll admit can be hard.

What? The 56k that I used to have struggled to even load up a text-only GameFAQs page. Text only. God forbid I tried to load up pages with images. That would take literally forever. I unfortunately remember all too well how horrible it was.

If it worked for you, you were likely connecting at 128k, not 56k. 56k pretty much makes anything but small text pages take forever to load with a high risk of errors to boot. Even a 100kb text doc here on GF takes a bit to load, depending on how stable the connection is and how effectively fast it is (max speed for a connection is rarely achieved).

Unless the 56k outside Europe is higher quality, which... wouldn't surprise me. Our infrastructure is that archaic.
---
#288enkeixpress_Posted 2/15/2013 1:40:07 AM
darkness1018 posted...
These are coming soon:

Soul Sacrifice
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Valhalla Knights 3
Killzone: Mercenary

Killzone Mercenary & Soul Sacrifice are definitely ones to look forward to.. the rest, ehhh.. not so much =/
---
*holds arms out* I have spoken.
#289DaSituationPosted 2/15/2013 2:38:53 AM
GenocideHeart posted...
DaSituation posted...

What? The 56k that I used to have struggled to even load up a text-only GameFAQs page. Text only. God forbid I tried to load up pages with images. That would take literally forever. I unfortunately remember all too well how horrible it was.

If it worked for you, you were likely connecting at 128k, not 56k. 56k pretty much makes anything but small text pages take forever to load with a high risk of errors to boot. Even a 100kb text doc here on GF takes a bit to load, depending on how stable the connection is and how effectively fast it is (max speed for a connection is rarely achieved).

Unless the 56k outside Europe is higher quality, which... wouldn't surprise me. Our infrastructure is that archaic.

Pokemon data is only a couple of bytes as most of the data is already in the game for the Pokemon. The average speed for 56K is about 5-7 KB/sec. If you can load a text only page, you should be able to use the GTS. Yes it might take a little longer in connecting and disconnecting, but you still get the desired result.
---
#290Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/15/2013 3:18:07 AM
Wth did this topic turn into?
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!