even Assassin Creed sold way less than 1M on the vita

#11Manilo_PunishPosted 2/8/2013 10:39:37 AM
nariusseldon posted...
KouenZan posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-sales-nearing-600000-6403603

only 600k. And this game is supposed to be good and it has a Xmas season behind it. Is there any game sold over even 1M yet?

AC3 sold like 12M.

there are around 140m PS3+360, not counting PC

still, Ubisoft got their money and they're happy with it lol

Happy enough to make another one for the vita?

I don't see why not, but I guess that's up to ubisoft..?
---
The Punish.
#12FKRW4LifePosted 2/8/2013 10:42:24 AM
TheBlackBat7 posted...
This topic again? What's the matter, not enough negative news about the vita this year? You know, I'm sure there's lots of "facts" about the Wii U you could post.

It loves the Wii U
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#13Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 2/8/2013 12:02:28 PM
I imagine it got off to a great start, but then critical reception happened and cut off its legs for good. Like in RE6's case.
I'm sure it made Ubisoft a handsome amount of money regardless. The engine was already in place, and in terms of money blown on production values, Ubisoft probably spent more on ACIII's tutorial than on Liberation in its entirety.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#14TheNewWavePosted 2/8/2013 1:36:40 PM
Do people not realize that portable games sales aren't expected to be anywhere near ps3 sales? Thus, they do not need to sell nearly as many copies to break even of hit a nice profit.

Portable games have a much lower budget, lower number of potential consumers, smaller companies working on the game, less development time, and so on, and yet still cost $40 on average.
#15Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/8/2013 1:48:55 PM
Trolls don't realize anything, usually.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#16StrikeNinja24Posted 2/8/2013 2:28:41 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...
600,000 is a great number for any system. Sequels are made from numbers like that. It's a myth that games need to sell in the millions to be successful.

Depends. This was obviously a AAA game. Now, the real question is that how many people bought the obviously cheaper bundle during the holidays. Remember that 85% bundle sales for November's NPD? That plays a part in this.

Also, this was confirmed to be shipped numbers.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#17enigma2274Posted 2/8/2013 4:32:18 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...
600,000 is a great number for any system. Sequels are made from numbers like that. It's a myth that games need to sell in the millions to be successful.

This. Plus Ubisoft already said they were happy with this number. They also said last year we haven't seen the last of Aveline.
---
PS3: Far Cry 3, Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3
Vita: EDF 2017, Persona 3, Sly Cooper 4 PSN: enigma2288
#18nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:59:56 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...

LOL .. really? If COD is selling 600k in the xmas season, Activision's stock will drop like a stone.

You think Blizz will be touting Diablo 3 sales in its earning call if it sold a mere 600k?

And how much are you betting on UBisoft making a sequel?
#19nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:02:10 PM
TheBlackBat7 posted...
This topic again? What's the matter, not enough negative news about the vita this year? You know, I'm sure there's lots of "facts" about the Wii U you could post.

Sure ... but there are so much negative news about vita. It will take quite a while to get through before i get to WiiU.

And what is this "not enough negative news" about the vita? Is there anything positive?

Is there a new COD coming for the vita? Is Sony making another big first party game? Does it outsell the PSP? Heck, does it outsell the dreamcast at the same time in their life cycle?
#20MATADOR480Posted 2/8/2013 5:05:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]