even Assassin Creed sold way less than 1M on the vita

#21snowboard340Posted 2/8/2013 5:14:34 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...
600,000 is a great number for any system. Sequels are made from numbers like that. It's a myth that games need to sell in the millions to be successful.

LOL .. really? If COD is selling 600k in the xmas season, Activision's stock will drop like a stone.

You think Blizz will be touting Diablo 3 sales in its earning call if it sold a mere 600k?

And how much are you betting on UBisoft making a sequel?

Oh, I didn't know all games have the same production value. Thank you for your informative post.
#22darkness1018Posted 2/8/2013 5:22:17 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
ALIEN-gunner posted...
600,000 is a great number for any system. Sequels are made from numbers like that. It's a myth that games need to sell in the millions to be successful.

Depends. This was obviously a AAA game. Now, the real question is that how many people bought the obviously cheaper bundle during the holidays. Remember that 85% bundle sales for November's NPD? That plays a part in this.

Also, this was confirmed to be shipped numbers.

People always make this mistake. To the company shipped = sold. You don't think they just shipped those games free did you? Also stores wouldn't keep ordering copies if they were not selling. For a handheld with a small base (for now) 600,000 is great numbers.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#23dj___rollPosted 2/9/2013 9:22:34 AM
Quote:TheBlackBat7 posted...
This topic again? What's the matter, not enough negative news about the vita this year? You know, I'm sure there's lots of "facts" about the Wii U you could post.

Sure ... but there are so much negative news about vita. It will take quite a while to get through before i get to WiiU.

And what is this "not enough negative news" about the vita? Is there anything positive?

Is there a new COD coming for the vita? Is Sony making another big first party game? Does it outsell the PSP? Heck, does it outsell the dreamcast at the same time in their life cycle?

@nariusseldon

Yes, they already announced a new cod for the vita this year. Sony has already announced killzone and tearaway to release this year. It occasionally outsells the PSP, but the PS2 outsold the PS3 for over a year and it did fine in the end. Don't know and don't care about dreamcast numbers. That system has no relation to the Vita.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#24dj___rollPosted 2/9/2013 9:25:50 AM
Quote:http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-sales-nearing-600000-6403603

only 600k. And this game is supposed to be good and it has a Xmas season behind it. Is there any game sold over even 1M yet?

AC3 sold like 12M.

@nariusseldon

Ubisoft, and any publisher for that matter, would be ecstatic to achieve a 20% purchase rate amongst its available customers. You list ac3 as 12M, that's less than 10% of available user base.

Vita is cheaper to develop for than consoles as well. So the return is better and the sales don't need to be as high. Logic. Get some.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#25StrikeNinja24Posted 2/9/2013 9:31:13 AM
darkness1018 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
ALIEN-gunner posted...

Depends. This was obviously a AAA game. Now, the real question is that how many people bought the obviously cheaper bundle during the holidays. Remember that 85% bundle sales for November's NPD? That plays a part in this.

Also, this was confirmed to be shipped numbers.

People always make this mistake. To the company shipped = sold. You don't think they just shipped those games free did you? Also stores wouldn't keep ordering copies if they were not selling. For a handheld with a small base (for now) 600,000 is great numbers.

That depends. How much of that was actually stand alone games and how many were bundles? They said 20% were digital sales, and I know Sony takes a good chunk of those sales.

Yes, to the company that shipped them they were compensated. However, that doesn't judge the retention rate of the game at all. We have no idea how many units were actually sold, and I could imagine that many retailers overpurchased just because of the AC name.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#26GN_XPosted 2/9/2013 10:24:03 AM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-sales-nearing-600000-6403603

only 600k. And this game is supposed to be good and it has a Xmas season behind it. Is there any game sold over even 1M yet?

AC3 sold like 12M.

@nariusseldon

Ubisoft, and any publisher for that matter, would be ecstatic to achieve a 20% purchase rate amongst its available customers. You list ac3 as 12M, that's less than 10% of available user base.

Vita is cheaper to develop for than consoles as well. So the return is better and the sales don't need to be as high. Logic. Get some.

This sir, you nailed it.
#27nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 7:55:39 PM
snowboard340 posted...
ALIEN-gunner posted...

LOL .. really? If COD is selling 600k in the xmas season, Activision's stock will drop like a stone.

You think Blizz will be touting Diablo 3 sales in its earning call if it sold a mere 600k?

Oh, I didn't know all games have the same production value. Thank you for your informative post.

Are you saying ACL has much lower production value to make 600k sales look good? I suppose no one is going to put high production value in a vita game with such small installed base. Is that what you are saying?
#28LuminescentRulePosted 2/10/2013 8:11:51 PM
Good numbers for a western game.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.minus.com/ibysvI4MthYwm9.gif
#29Chibi_WallerPosted 2/11/2013 5:28:46 AM
nariusseldon posted...
snowboard340 posted...
ALIEN-gunner posted...

Are you saying ACL has much lower production value to make 600k sales look good? I suppose no one is going to put high production value in a vita game with such small installed base. Is that what you are saying?

ehm... yes?
do you know they are so happy that they're already thinking a sequel?