Memory Card Alternative?

#1FF_FiendPosted 2/8/2013 8:44:33 AM
Sorry in advance for the noobish questions. I bought the system at launch with a 16gb card and am finally at the point where I can't put anything else on it, and don't want to get rid of anything already on that card either. And I desperately need to download Sly Cooper: TiT on my Vita. So I'm looking at the 32 gb card.

Question 1: Is this the largest card currently available for Vita? Is there a 64gb card for sale anywhere?

Question 2: Will any other brand or type of card work? Or are the Vita specific cards all that we can use?

Question 3: Anyone know where I can snag one on the cheap? Or is 100 bucks for a 32 gb vita card inescapable? I really don't want to drop a hundy on a system that I only paid 250 for just to be able to download stuff.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#2Fallen_LordPosted 2/8/2013 9:08:59 AM
1. Yes. Unknown at this time

2. No. Yes

3. Check amazon and new egg
#3NerdstickPosted 2/8/2013 9:11:57 AM
You can pick up a 32GB for 80 on eBay and perhaps other sources, but do you really need all that space? While I've admittedly filled my 4GB due to PSN+, I'm going all retail so I don't need any more..
#4smelly_boobPosted 2/8/2013 9:17:18 AM
Nerdstick posted...
You can pick up a 32GB for 80 on eBay and perhaps other sources, but do you really need all that space? While I've admittedly filled my 4GB due to PSN+, I'm going all retail so I don't need any more..

got mine for $60 one bay
#5yankee6903Posted 2/8/2013 9:18:43 AM
smelly_boob posted...
Nerdstick posted...

got mine for $60 one bay

WHy is your boob smelly?
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#6BizzyBumPosted 2/8/2013 9:21:21 AM
I'd hold off on buying any memory cards until the 20th. It's possible Sony might reveal a new Vita model with a price drop on both the Vita and the memory cards.
---
I'm bored at work...
#7Skull_proPosted 2/8/2013 11:32:45 AM
BizzyBum posted...
I'd hold off on buying any memory cards until the 20th. It's possible Sony might reveal a new Vita model with a price drop on both the Vita and the memory cards.

Don't you think the Vita already got enough of a price drop already?
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#8EmptyTomePosted 2/8/2013 11:45:06 AM
I got a 4 gb card with the system, and after downloading only demos I realized that I needed a bigger one (Resistance demo is 3.1 gb!) So, when I downloaded AC:L I had to buy a 8 gb card.

I would love to see an adapter to use my PSP memory sticks now. That would be the most awesome thing ever.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.