Are you happy with your Vita?

#1ps3_gamer_norgePosted 2/8/2013 2:30:16 PM(edited)
I have been a Vita owner since October last year, and I must say that I'm pretty disappointed. The hardware is amazing. I had a psp as well, and the improvements, both aesthetically and hardware wise is quite vast. However, I'm very disappointed in the amount of games that has been released has been rather poor. While I wish it would sell better, I am not surprised its doing so poorly. In my opinion, the best game released thus far is Uncharted: Golden Abyss, but even that isn't that amazing.

While I don't personally dont regret buying a Vita, it's only because I have the money to buy one. If I was living on a tighter budget, I would definitely have second thoughts.

What are your thoughts?

(keep in mind that this is EU, and I've yet to try the beloved Persona 4. Even this is a bit disappointing though, as it's a PS2 remake, and not a Vita original.)

And also, let's keep the circlejerk to a minimum.
#2Spiffy247Posted 2/8/2013 2:28:57 PM
I very much enjoy my Playstation Vita. I got it on Halloween, and I have plenty of games.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#3MicroByterPosted 2/8/2013 2:30:22 PM
To be honest, I've been more than happy with it and play it almost every day still. It could be that I'm not a big console gamer (family, work, etc) so can really only find time on portables.

It's been great so far and I don't regret my purchase one bit. It co-exists with my 3DS and my Wii U now.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter
#4JCrimson95Posted 2/8/2013 2:30:40 PM
got it on release date. still love it
---
If You Don't Stand For Something. You May Fall For Anything. - Psn Jalenhead95
#5MrBanballowPosted 2/8/2013 2:37:16 PM
My launch Vita and I were happy for a while. Though the games were few, we looked forward to the day we could play Zero Escape on the Vita's screen, which was noticeably larger than the 3DS' at the time.

Then the 3DS had cosmetic surgery and had its' screen size augmented. With the screen sizes now about even, the honeymoon was officially over, and we (the Vita and myself) went our separate ways.

During the breakup, the 3DS XL introduced me to its' JP cousin, the 3DS LL, and a little game called Senran Kagura.

In a last ditch effort to win back my affections, Vita courted the girls of Senran Kagura, and caught my attention. Now, I have a shiny new Vita, that I think I will be very happy with come Feb 28.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#6Air_Gear_Posted 2/8/2013 2:39:11 PM
Its the console with the midas touch
#7MobileWarfarePosted 2/8/2013 2:39:26 PM
I honestly have a lot of fun with my vita and also play it daily. I haveI bunch of games I have fun with. Although I can't wait for gta to come out,I hope they announce it soon.
---
PSN: MobilizedWarfare, XL: Skillfreakout
Currently playing: Skyrim(xbox), Black ops 2(xbox), Far cry 3(xbox), Little Big planet(vita), Gravity Rush(vita)
#8gamemaster712Posted 2/8/2013 2:44:01 PM
Pretty much only thing I play since last October.
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#91Cyrus1Posted 2/8/2013 2:48:33 PM
I'm satisfied to say the least. I agree the hardware is amazing, there is nothing I would change (just add TV output which most probably will be released sometime). Got mine just 2 months ago, and I haven't been bored a single day yet.
However, I know the library of games is small and I think it really needs big titles to be as good as the PSP was. If you look at the PSP, SE helped A LOT to it's sales: 2 Dissidias, Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep, War of the Lions and FF4CC were all system sellers. The Vita doesn't have that support yet. But also considering it only has 1 year, I wouldn't worry too much yet.
---
PSN: dm-ml
#10nyo_akioPosted 2/8/2013 2:50:34 PM
I'm content with mine. I can't play it as much as I want to, though.
---
PSN: Ken-OHKayou