Vita....for jrpgs?

#31lufia22Posted 2/8/2013 10:35:30 PM
I'm sorry I have my own opinion and am able to argue it while you can do nothing but post images and attempt to insult me.

TC, I apologize for not backing the Vita 100% and making you feel good about your decision but rather make you think about what you're spending your money on. I mistook you coming here for advice as wanting actual advice and not just wanting a Vita purchasing cheer squad.
---
nununu
#32CooperRCPosted 2/8/2013 10:37:31 PM(edited)
It is not good in the US so far.

All you really have are two games that you can play on other systems:

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Persona 4: Golden

There is more coming, but there is not much now unless you like digital downloads of games you probably already own on the PSP and PS1.
#33Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/8/2013 10:36:29 PM
lufia22 posted...
Buy a Vita for old games but not even mention the DS library, which the 3DS can play perfectly fine?

but, but, this is a vita site, i come here to talk and learn what vita has, not to compare it to my 3ds thats right here next to it on pause playing bravely default while my vita has ys celceta on pause.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#34__Blight__Posted 2/9/2013 9:16:11 AM
Growlanser 4. Probably the most satisfying JRPG I have played in a long while.
---
"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some" - Tywin Lannister
#35Koi_TenchiPosted 2/9/2013 10:00:26 AM
I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet or why the 3DS has become the point of discussion but really...

You should get a PSP.

You can literally play every JRPG that's been mentioned in this thread (except P4G) and you'll probably pay around $150 less for the system and even less for some of the individual games... Not to mention that you can also then play certain good JRPGs that you can't play on the Vita, particularly Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and FF7: Crisis Core...
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#36lufia22Posted 2/9/2013 4:13:43 PM
I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet or why the 3DS has become the point of discussion but really...

You should get a PSP.

It has been. I already suggested getting a PSP and a 3DS with the same money you could buy a Vita for. You get the superior 3DS exclusive JRPGs and all the JRPGs being mentioned in this thread.

Or, y'know, buy a PSP and buy a ton of games with the extra dough you save, considering many PSP games are $20 or less these days.

The only reason to get a Vita is that you want whatever comes in the future for it or you plan on importing. As for the NOW and guaranteed, I see little reason to get one for JRPGs alone.
---
nununu
#37grangiaPosted 2/9/2013 7:42:37 PM
lufia22 posted...
Buy a Vita for old games but not even mention the DS library, which the 3DS can play perfectly fine?

I would like to add one thing for you to consider.

If you are a mostly digital gamer, then the DS family in general is HORRIBLE for games since most of the psp/ps1 library is available for Vita while the 3DS has no DS games at all on their online store.

For someone like me who is out of the house a lot and doesn't wanna carry a ton of cartridges since I am the type who switches games during play a lot, the Vita is a more viable choice.

Not saying the TC is like me, but try to see other sides of the argument when complaining about these things before belting out opinions.

Then again, no one really mentioned the 3ds until you came along, so you're probably more a troll looking to stir up fights.
---
dr-toszi.deviantart.com
PSN:Dr-Toszi
#38lufia22Posted 2/9/2013 8:20:53 PM
Then again, no one really mentioned the 3ds until you came along, so you're probably more a troll looking to stir up fights.

Original post by the TC:

I dont know what the Vitas has...or what it doesn't have all I know is that the 3DS doesn't have any rpgs besides like 2

Great reading skills.

But that's right. This is gamefaqs. Everyone is a troll. Yep. I've been here 13 years trolling the **** out of you guys.

Good point you bring up otherwise. Perhaps read next time. You'll still note the PSP is currently $100 and can play almost everything people have been suggesting. Lets buy a Vita to play PS1/PSP games! Sound advice, everyone. I applaud you.
---
nununu
#39BlestsolPosted 2/9/2013 8:41:18 PM
BoF4 get it! Classic Jrpg.
---
Psn:Blestsoul
#40warmilk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:15:25 PM
My apologizes I though I had written in my first post that I had a 3DS already but I guess not.

So at this point its like 50-50 you guys are saying not to get it and others are saying to get it. Conflicting answers...
---
I only exist.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/warmilk/