I honestly feel like 2013 is the year of both the Vita and 3DS.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 2/8/2013 4:26:34 PM
Portable gaming systems(and their library) are often overlooked in the grand scheme of the "console wars". Many fantastic games from the GBA, DS, PSP, Vita and 3DS used to be perceived to be inferior to console games, however this year I think the paradigm will finally start to change. :-)

Vita wise we have a nice and diverse selection of titles confirmed(or yet to be confirmed) for release in 2013.

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Muramasa Rebirth
Valhalla Knights 3
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
Killzone: Mercenary
Dead or Alive 5

(Possibly others I didn't mention)

The same goes for the 3DS, game wise things look equally amazing.

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Soul Hackers
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Rune Factory IV
Project X Zone
Pokemon: Gates to Infinity
Ace Attorney V
Pokemon X & Y

Honestly I think both current generation handheld systems have amazing offerings for those that own them. Remember, we're still in February more localizations are sure to be announced, along with entirely new announcements. For the first time, I believe handhelds may finally surpass consoles in term of quality games(from a critics perspective).

It's truly great being a portable gamer this generation. :-)
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2neviPosted 2/8/2013 4:28:35 PM
I just hope that sony finishes what they started with psone and psp compatibility on vita at least by the end of Q2
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.
#3Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:58:20 PM
nevi posted...
I just hope that sony finishes what they started with psone and psp compatibility on vita at least by the end of Q2

I concur, unfortunately the Vita PSN pales in comparison to the PS3/PSP iteration. It's kinda unfair to have to use a PS3 to obtain the inaccessible games. I'm curious, how long has it been since they added any PS1 Classics or PSP games?
---
Reggie Dates Animal Crossing: New Leaf! http://tinyurl.com/auap709 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#4mike_411Posted 2/8/2013 5:15:55 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Soul Sacrifice
Muramasa Rebirth
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time

(Possibly others I didn't mention)

The same goes for the 3DS, game wise things look equally amazing.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Rune Factory IV
Ace Attorney V

Those are the only ones that interest me personally but that's ok since I've already got a pretty big backlog of games to plow through. D:
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#5TheExiled280Posted 2/8/2013 5:17:45 PM
my body is ready

Rune Factory 4 & Project X Zone along with KHDDD will make me buy a 3DS this summer
---
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
~C.S. Lewis
#6mike_411Posted 2/8/2013 5:19:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7TheExiled280Posted 2/8/2013 5:24:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

???
---
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
~C.S. Lewis
#8GodMWOLFPosted 2/8/2013 5:24:47 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dead or Alive 5
Senran Kagura

The same goes for the 3DS

Etrian Odyssey IV
Soul Hackers
Project X Zone
Pokemon: Gates to Infinity
Pokemon X & Y

It's truly great being a portable gamer this generation. :-)

Although honestly,I think the Last of Us is going to blow away all these games.I mean i'll really enjoy all of them(i'll get a 3DS once Pokemon X/Y gets released)but TLOU is probably going to leave a huge impression.
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#9neviPosted 2/8/2013 5:37:01 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
nevi posted...

I concur, unfortunately the Vita PSN pales in comparison to the PS3/PSP iteration. It's kinda unfair to have to use a PS3 to obtain the inaccessible games. I'm curious, how long has it been since they added any PS1 Classics or PSP games?

Two weeks ago they released the PSOne Disney games. Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life are actually really good, but those were transferable since august.
---
Please excuse my troll behavior, as I am currently in my "Crash/Spyro depraved" state. Thank you for your understanding.
#10Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 5:39:00 PM
gates to infinity? is that like a mystery dungeon esqe game?
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.