The 3DS may have more games, but the Vita has far better QUALITY games

#31mjc0961Posted 2/9/2013 6:20:54 AM(edited)
I enjoy the occasional JRPG, but not JRPG after JRPG after JRPG. So what does that leave on the Vita for someone like me? Uncharted Golden Abyss was great, and I'm in the middle of Gravity Rush now and it's alright.

That's it.

LittleBigPlanet Vita was an abomination, and the copy of AssCreed Liberation that came with my Vita was promptly sold after I beat the story due to its massive sucking. Other games that should have been good as well also sucked,

Everything else one might mention for the Vita that hasn't already been covered yet is most likely a PS3 port. Cross Buy is the dumbest thing Sony could have done to try and sell the Vita. Who the hell is going to buy a Vita to play any of those games when their other two choices are to either just buy the game for the PS3 they already own or buy a PS3 for roughly the same price (depends on what Vita package and what PS3 package you want to look at) as a Vita so they can also play tons of other great games that Vita can't? Sony screwed up big time, they should have been focusing on pushing new Vita only titles out instead of porting PS3 games to it.

And what's upcoming that's Vita exclusive? More JRPGs and a fighting game or two. In other words, more games I'm not terrible interested in. So basically after I finish Gravity Rush, my Vita is going to be an big white paperweight because Sony's focus is on PS3 ports instead of exclusive system selling titles.

So for me, I definitely have to say that 3DS absolutely has more quality and quantity of games. You can cry "no new IPs!" all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I actually have a lot of great games to play on my 3DS and only two great games to play on my Vita, with more great games coming out for 3DS and nothing in the Vita's foreseeable future.

(Honestly don't know what I was thinking, I shouldn't have expected anything different. They didn't support the PSP that I wasted money on. They didn't support the PS Move that I wasted money on. What the hell made me think they'd support the PS Vita?!)

EDIT: Also I forgot that I can't even play all my PS1 classics and PSP games on this thing. That's how non-existent Sony's support for this thing is. Every PS1 and PSP game on the Playstation Store should have been playable on Vita on launch day, and almost a year later I still can't play most of mine. Great job Sony, I can't even keep my Vita on to play old games while I wait for new ones.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#32ZerobahnPosted 2/9/2013 6:41:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33ZerobahnPosted 2/9/2013 6:43:25 AM
3DS seems to have the edge to me.
---
Factoring Hectopascals!!!
))<>((
#34Darklit_RequiemPosted 2/9/2013 6:45:39 AM
unfortunately people here think Disgaea 3 is a quality game.

That's because it's one of the absolute best games on the Vita, can put hundreds of hours into it
---
Currently Playing - Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy, Persona 2: Innocent Sin
#35Zechs23Posted 2/9/2013 6:59:58 AM
SetecAstronomy posted...
3DS has more and better quality games at the moment, but it's been out a year longer so it is no surprise.

---
3DS FC: 0619-3034-0578
#36KAMMYqueenPosted 2/9/2013 7:20:17 AM
Solnot posted...
As a Vita owner, do you agree or disagree with these facts?

i disagree with you calling these opinions facts
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#37ThePonyColliePosted 2/9/2013 8:17:44 AM
I agree. Vita has the better games. lol, animal crossing.
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#38Spiffy247Posted 2/9/2013 9:12:29 AM
I don't care which system has better games, as long as they each have enough for me to enjoy them. And I'm sad because I ran out of soda.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#39JulesNeciPosted 2/9/2013 9:21:24 AM
OH GOD. Not again.
#40DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 9:32:05 AM
PennywiseJim posted...
I'll give the edge to 3DS since Kid Icarus and Super Mario 3D Land were some of the most fun handheld experiences I've had in a long time. If it weren't for those two games, then I'd probably vote for Vita. I haven't played Fire Emblem yet, but I'm hearing that it's pretty awesome as well. There are some very good games on Vita, but nothing I'd consider a "must have".

The poll is a little unfair since 3DS has had almost twice as much time on the market.

How is Kid Icarus and super mario 3D land must haves? Vita has half a dozen titles better then both of those, Gravity Rush being the most obvious.