people's definition of good doesn't outweigh the majority

#1ShiftyCatPosted 2/9/2013 7:40:23 AM
i'm tired of the topics with persona 4 is amazing it is good we have games. nice. good for you. it is not a system mover though. if all these games are sooo good. why isn't vita moving like the 3ds? i have a vita and i cry for it. but i also realize when looking over the fence into the 3ds' yard they have way better games. at least games that a majority of people will buy. persona will always be a niche game. it's just the way it is.
---
X360 : PoopMyster PS3 : Shiftycat
#2hajile12Posted 2/9/2013 7:54:57 AM
So people cant like games tht dont move systems? Niche titles dont deserve credit when credit is due? Why buy a vita if it has no games tht interest you? This is the vita board where people tlk about all thngs vita including its games.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#3ShiftyCat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:58:05 AM
people can like them. but they can't argue either that they're moving systems on a system that needs moving lol. 3rd party developers aren't going to pump games on a dying platform.
---
X360 : PoopMyster PS3 : Shiftycat
#4pedrami91Posted 2/9/2013 8:00:39 AM
ShiftyCat posted...
i'm tired of the topics with persona 4 is amazing it is good we have games. nice. good for you. it is not a system mover though.

Why would it matter if it moves HW sales or not ? just buy the games you like and enjoy them.

if all these games are sooo good. why isn't vita moving like the 3ds ?

Why would that matter ? calm down and enjoy the games out right now and the ones that are coming.

i have a vita and i cry for it. but i also realize when looking over the fence into the 3ds' yard they have way better games.

Crying is not a productive way while spending time playing games. Instead, try to accept the fact no matter what you do, will have no meaningful effect on the video game industry. What actions Sony may take, what new orignal ip Nintendo can come up with or which japanese 3rd party studio Microsoft decides to buy (timed ?) exclusive off. Just play your games with a smile and enjoy it while you still can.
---
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." - Will Durant
#5RotuhiiriPosted 2/9/2013 8:01:37 AM
I like jazz. The majority of people my age don't. I don't care if Justin Bieber sells more than all modern jazz artists combined and it won't make me enjoy jazz less.

Does the Vita need games to appeal to more kinds of people? Yes because only jazz can't keep record stores alive but do I want those games? No, I want more jazz.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#6Sami1000Posted 2/9/2013 8:06:12 AM
I think Vita just doesn't appeal to people. Those who know about it doesn't care and those who doesn't know that vita exists will never know because Sony doesn't do any commercials or anything for it.

Maybe 3DS has everything majority wants from portable console and they simply don't need another one.

I on other hand enjoy vita a lot and i have no regrets of buying it.
#7NerdstickPosted 2/9/2013 8:06:42 AM
The majority consider Persona 4 a good game, which is why it holds a 94 on metacritic.
#8WhiteSword7Posted 2/9/2013 8:09:21 AM
TC's logic is kinda messed up :|
---
PSN: Derrysan360-US
Please Message me first via PSN, because Random friend request will be deleted
#9StrikeNinja24Posted 2/9/2013 8:12:37 AM
Nerdstick posted...
The majority consider Persona 4 a good game, which is why it holds a 94 on metacritic.

Reviewers are not the majority. Nor can we trust their scoring systems.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#10DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 8:12:43 AM
ShiftyCat posted...
i'm tired of the topics with persona 4 is amazing it is good we have games. nice. good for you. it is not a system mover though. if all these games are sooo good. why isn't vita moving like the 3ds? i have a vita and i cry for it. but i also realize when looking over the fence into the 3ds' yard they have way better games. at least games that a majority of people will buy. persona will always be a niche game. it's just the way it is.

Because it didn't have a 1/3 price drop less then 6 months after launch and 3DS didn't have it's competitor have a 1/3 price drop less then 6 months after it's competitors launch about 6 months before it's launch.

Duh.