Why japan gets way more games than US/EU?

#11SpotlessedenPosted 2/9/2013 7:16:45 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Nerdstick posted...
I'm just happy the Vita isn't region-locked. Nothing's stopping you from importing the import-friendly titles!

I really wish that i could read and understand japanese. I'm 24 for now and i would probably be 30+ when i would understand JP language enough to play their games so its not really worth it.

if you are dedicated, you can learn jp in couple years. Alot of jp words are borrow from English and Chinese.
#12Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:25:58 PM(edited)
Spotlesseden posted...
Sami1000 posted...
Nerdstick posted...
I'm just happy the Vita isn't region-locked. Nothing's stopping you from importing the import-friendly titles!

I really wish that i could read and understand japanese. I'm 24 for now and i would probably be 30+ when i would understand JP language enough to play their games so its not really worth it.

if you are dedicated, you can learn jp in couple years. Alot of jp words are borrow from English and Chinese.

You mean that its possible to understand and speak it on some level or read it? Also learning game related words might not come up in courses lol.
#13SpotlessedenPosted 2/9/2013 7:30:20 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Spotlesseden posted...
Sami1000 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

You mean that its possible to understand and speak it on some level or read it?

Unless you are Chinese, you may need few more years for the reading part. You can speak and understand them in couple years.

Chinese has the advantage because they can already read Kanji. That's why it's much easier to translate Japanese to Chinese, There are many fan subbed psp games in Chinese.

Katakana and Hiragana are ready to remember, it only took me few months to remember them all.
#14Sami1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:45:09 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
Sami1000 posted...
Spotlesseden posted...
Sami1000 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

You mean that its possible to understand and speak it on some level or read it?

Unless you are Chinese, you may need few more years for the reading part. You can speak and understand them in couple years.

Chinese has the advantage because they can already read Kanji. That's why it's much easier to translate Japanese to Chinese, There are many fan subbed psp games in Chinese.

Katakana and Hiragana are ready to remember, it only took me few months to remember them all.

I'm from Europe, Finland. I don't know if its even true or not but i have heard that for us its easier to learn it because the way we form sentences and such are very similar but it certainly seems difficult to read. I know one person from England who lived few years here and he was about to go crazy because there's simply too many ways to say things. He learned what we call "book language" which is easy to learn but then you hit the wall when you notice that NO ONE speaks that way lol. Next you learn one way of speaking and then you go to visit next city and again they use completely different words which you have learn to understand them. For example there's at least 3 words for word: me.
#15SpotlessedenPosted 2/9/2013 8:08:46 PM
Finnish sounds are very similar to Japanese. That's should easy for you to learn to speak. Reading is another story.
#16WooTz_samaPosted 2/9/2013 9:05:20 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Spotlesseden posted...
Sami1000 posted...
Nerdstick posted...

You mean that its possible to understand and speak it on some level or read it? Also learning game related words might not come up in courses lol.

Try this website, you can have fun while learning.

http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/kana/

I mastered Katakana and Hiragana in a week thanks to funny and interesting mnemonics.

Just spend an hour a day and you'll be reading Japanese text in no time.
---
PSN: FUS-RO-DAAH
Hilarious Persona 4 Hiimdaisy comic dub (spoilarz) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc