Sony hints at a PS Vita Price Drop

#1brycemorrPosted 2/9/2013 1:41:36 PM
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a457457/sony-hints-at-playstation-vita-price-cut-more-attractive-software.html

sorry if late or mentioned before.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#2ManjiMidouPosted 2/9/2013 2:15:55 PM
does that mean early buyers get something?
---
He is Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Sausages.
#3brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 2:26:04 PM
ManjiMidou posted...

Nope. frankly I think Nintendo spoiled everyone with they early ammbassador program.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#4Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/9/2013 2:28:28 PM
ManjiMidou posted...

I doubt it. Nintendo slashed the price on the 3DS four months after its release (March 2011 release; July 2011 price cut). The Vita has been on the market for an entire year now (and longer than that in Japan). There's noway Sony is screwing over early buyers by dropping the price over a year after its release.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#5UiruPosted 2/9/2013 2:29:52 PM
They didn't have to, but I love them for doing it. I also loved getting the games on my $170 3DS because I can wait for the price to be right. :)
---
~Uiru
#6Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/9/2013 2:31:43 PM
brycemorr posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

Nope. frankly I think Nintendo spoiled everyone with they early ammbassador program.

Nintendo had to. The 3DS didn't even stay at its launch price for half a year... How would you take it if you bought a PS4 for $400 then four months later Sony drops the price by a third?

Nintendo screwed the pooch with the pricing of the 3DS from the start. They had to do something to apologize to the early adaptors who were getting hosed. Price cuts are expected when systems start to age and have been on the market for a long time, but four months?
---
#7AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/9/2013 2:45:55 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

I doubt it. Nintendo slashed the price on the 3DS four months after its release (March 2011 release; July 2011 price cut). The Vita has been on the market for an entire year now (and longer than that in Japan). There's noway Sony is screwing over early buyers by dropping the price over a year after its release.

The pricecut was in August of 2011. Your math is lolgoon bad.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#8BossBangPosted 2/9/2013 2:49:10 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

junpei, you try too hard sometimes man. Pretty clear what he meant.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#9The_DjokerPosted 2/9/2013 2:53:52 PM

lol, if they price cut 1 year after it doesn't count. Nintendo did it after 4 months.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#10Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/9/2013 2:57:56 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
ManjiMidou posted...

Eh I used Wikipedia. They said the price cut was announced July 28, 2011. So take your complaints there. :p
---