Sony hints at a PS Vita Price Drop

#11Manimal_F0r3v3rPosted 2/9/2013 4:04:02 PM
Bob the Almighty posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
does that mean early buyers get something?

I doubt it. Nintendo slashed the price on the 3DS four months after its release (March 2011 release; July 2011 price cut). The Vita has been on the market for an entire year now (and longer than that in Japan). There's noway Sony is screwing over early buyers by dropping the price over a year after its release.

This is sarcasm right? PLEASE tell me this is sarcasm.... if not, this is one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here since 2013 got started.
---
XBL: ManimalForever PSN: Manimal_Forever
|\/|/\|\|||\/|/\|_ [s.W.o] They see me trollin', they hatin'
#12nilla151Posted 2/9/2013 4:12:57 PM
Well less then half a year 3ds got cut. but the Vita has been up more then a year no we're not getting anything special.
---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.
#13NerdstickPosted 2/9/2013 4:19:39 PM
I sure didn't feel spoiled with a bunch of worthless NES titles. When PSN was down for a month we got 2 full retail PS3 games and 2 full retail PSP games. I got Modnations and LittleBigPlanet.
#14MwarriorHieiPosted 2/9/2013 4:21:52 PM
I sure didn't feel spoiled with a bunch of worthless NES titles. When PSN was down for a month we got 2 full retail PS3 games and 2 full retail PSP games. I got Modnations and LittleBigPlanet.

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/TQEciMP.jpg
#15Megaman OmegaPosted 2/9/2013 4:36:47 PM
This is sarcasm right? PLEASE tell me this is sarcasm.... if not, this is one of the most idiotic posts I've read on here since 2013 got started.

The last sentence is worded a bit poorly. It could be interpreted as:

"Sony will not drop the price now over one year after the release because it would screw over early adopters."

What he means, however, is:

"If they drop the price now, early adopters won't be screwed over as a full year has passed already."
---
COD:BOD is definitely the highest budget Vita title - GeassMaster
I come to GameFAQs to be a ******* and create strife/hate on the message boards. - GeassMaster
#16monkeypahngPosted 2/9/2013 4:38:15 PM
I still don't want one... Especially if we aren't getting some of the PSP titles that are being released in Japan this year.

Though it does tempt me since I really want to play P4:G to an extent.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#17FlaccidKratosPosted 2/9/2013 4:40:11 PM
I hope there is a price drop. It would certainly help mitigate the flopping.

Price drop = more people buy the system = more attractive for devs put games on Vita = more games!
#18Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/9/2013 4:58:11 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

The last sentence is worded a bit poorly. It could be interpreted as:

"Sony will not drop the price now over one year after the release because it would screw over early adopters."

What he means, however, is:

"If they drop the price now, early adopters won't be screwed over as a full year has passed already."

Yeah that's what I meant lol. Early adopters of the Vita aren't entitled to anything if a price cut happened today. The system has been out long enough to justify a price cut.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.