ps vita driving me insane

#1RosekillerXIIIPosted 2/9/2013 3:03:40 PM
This has been driving me crazy and I like to know if I just imagined this. I remember a while ago a game for the ps vita was announce. It was compare to monster hunter but different in many ways. One of which was creating a companion. Aside from the character you created at the start. You would also create a companion that was follow you into battle with you. You could customize them in both appearance and fighting style. Anyways from the interview that I saw it was also mention that you could do online mission with friends. When they mention online play it was also mention that a party of four would double. Since all the characters would also bring their companions with them. I been searching around the internet and can't seem to find the interview that I saw. I can't seem to find a game that is coming out for vita that comes close to what I describe. I want to know if anyone knows the name of the game. Or maybe tell me if I'm just might have mix games up from another system.

tl;dr:
Looking for monster hunter like game
-character customization
-create a companion to help you out
-online play with four friend eight if companions are counted
-am I crazy?
#2DemonDog666Posted 2/9/2013 3:06:09 PM
Everything before the online play sounds like dragon dogma for ps3.
#3JulesNeciPosted 2/9/2013 3:07:43 PM(edited)
wait for God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice, Vahalla Knights 3 and Toukiden. 2 of those are confirmed for localization this year.
You might have been talking about Lord of Apocalypse or Ragnarok Odyssey.

Or just get a 3DS/ Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
#4Steve_TeddiePosted 2/9/2013 3:06:46 PM
It's almost like you're looking for, hmm...

Really cool!
Awesome gameplay!
Go go power rangers!
No!
All right!
Rock on!
Okay!
Kick ass!

Orbis!
Dude!
Yes!
Sissy!
Steve!
Ephemeral!
Yahoo!
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#5RosekillerXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:09:11 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Everything before the online play sounds like dragon dogma for ps3.

Yes I know been playing dragon dogma for a while now. But dragon dogma lack online game play other than hire other people pawns.
#6RosekillerXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:10:28 PM
JulesNeci posted...
wait for God Eater 2, Soul Sacrifice, Vahalla Knights 3 and Toukiden. 2 of those are confirmed for localization this year.
You might have been talking about Lord of Apocalypse or Ragnarok Odyssey.

Or just get a 3DS/ Wii U for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I been wanting to trade my wii for a wii u but I don't want to spend money just for one game -_- also thanks I'll look into the game that you suggested.
#7RosekillerXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 3:11:39 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...
It's almost like you're looking for, hmm...

Really cool!
Awesome gameplay!
Go go power rangers!
No!
All right!
Rock on!
Okay!
Kick ass!

Orbis!
Dude!
Yes!
Sissy!
Steve!
Ephemeral!
Yahoo!

:D I think everyone would like really cool awesome gameplay... and so on and on. Rock on too brah
#8BossBangPosted 2/9/2013 3:51:53 PM
I know that the 3ds is getting it's monster hunter soon, I'm totally picking that up 100% sure. buttttt it doesn't have a built in internet based multiplayer, you have to play with a wiiu to get teh 3ds version online. which is beyond stupid.

If you NEED an online co op character progression game, ragnarok odyssey will definitely do it. but it suffers from a very similar problem as phantasy star did, stuff gets repetitive quick.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#9Tzuba12Posted 2/9/2013 3:57:00 PM
BossBang posted...
I know that the 3ds is getting it's monster hunter soon, I'm totally picking that up 100% sure. buttttt it doesn't have a built in internet based multiplayer, you have to play with a wiiu to get teh 3ds version online. which is beyond stupid.

If you NEED an online co op character progression game, ragnarok odyssey will definitely do it. but it suffers from a very similar problem as phantasy star did, stuff gets repetitive quick.

Theres no online play with the 3DS version at ALL. Only local mulitplay with the WiiU. But you can transfer your save over to the WiiU and play play online with it.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#10Sami1000Posted 2/9/2013 7:20:00 PM
Maybe Lord of apocalypse?

I honestly can't think any game where you could create your own companion. If remember right there was MH game on vita before it was released but that might have been just MHFU or MH portable 3rd but it had plenty of characters on the screen same time. It had woman speaking and playing that.