Sony's stocks Falls , but this could be good for Vita

#1BruceLee1974Posted 2/9/2013 7:41:18 PM
http://au.gamespot.com/news/sony-shares-slide-most-in-four-years-6403674?

I was just reading this from the front page and it says Sony's stock have fallen a fair bit and they lost 112 million for the quarter and it's mainly because of the Vita's poor sales.

I don't normally like sales topics about the Vita , but if you read that article Sony says they will be focusing more on software for the Vita and promise to bring more games to the Vita.

So I see this as a positive. Maybe it might give Sony that Wake up call they needed to get the Vita really going, I really hope so. Maybe we might see more then we think about the Vita on February 20.

Here's hoping to some new game announcements :)
#2GameNextPosted 2/9/2013 7:44:41 PM
...I guess...?
#3EternalNetherPosted 2/9/2013 7:55:49 PM
Hopefully after the 20th their stocks will go back up.
#4brycemorrPosted 2/9/2013 8:10:52 PM
Ive heard rumors that the Playstation Brand might become their own company but then again so are the rumors about the PS4, a Vita redesign, and a price cut for the PS10
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#5HugsAllAroundPosted 2/9/2013 8:11:23 PM
I've been pretty happy with Sony stock over the past year. Bought it around $10 per share and it's currently around $15. I'll probably hold it for several years until it's over $25 before I sell, raking in the dividends in the meantime.

Thanks, Sony!
#6kcypher2000Posted 2/9/2013 8:26:15 PM
HugsAllAround posted...
I've been pretty happy with Sony stock over the past year. Bought it around $10 per share and it's currently around $15. I'll probably hold it for several years until it's over $25 before I sell, raking in the dividends in the meantime.

Thanks, Sony!

Or they go bankrupt or the price just plummets further because you failed to realize it only went up so high because they sold two buildings
#7ZeoDefenderPosted 2/9/2013 9:12:20 PM
Sony suffers largest stock drop in four years and it's viewed as a positive. Wow. Delusional fanboy alert! Look, I want the Vita to pick up too, but this is ridiculous. Stop acting like you're some soldier in a war against Nintendo and your self worth is determined by how well the Vita does. Look at this rationally.

Sony lost money. That's bad.
---
"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets." - The Brigadier
#8Ratt_PoisonPosted 2/9/2013 9:28:49 PM
ZeoDefender posted...
Sony suffers largest stock drop in four years and it's viewed as a positive. Wow. Delusional fanboy alert! Look, I want the Vita to pick up too, but this is ridiculous. Stop acting like you're some soldier in a war against Nintendo and your self worth is determined by how well the Vita does. Look at this rationally.

Sony lost money. That's bad. Yes it is, but what do companies do when they lose money

Turn a loss into a profit, how do they do that? Give people what they want, what do vita owners want? Products for vita

Makes sense.
---
Here's a message I'm so glad I was given: When you fall you gotta jump back on, I'm a fighter, I'm a winner, I'm a macdaddy.
#9archedsoulPosted 2/9/2013 9:50:42 PM
Ratt_Poison posted...
ZeoDefender posted...

Sony lost money. That's bad. Yes it is, but what do companies do when they lose money

Turn a loss into a profit, how do they do that? Give people what they want, what do vita owners want? Products for vita

Makes sense.

"YEAH BOI, we just lost even more money. Pop them champagne bottles Tretton, now we can finally start giving our loyal fans what they really want"
#10Ratt_PoisonPosted 2/9/2013 11:48:53 PM
archedsoul posted...
Ratt_Poison posted...
ZeoDefender posted...

Makes sense.

"YEAH BOI, we just lost even more money. Pop them champagne bottles Tretton, now we can finally start giving our loyal fans what they really want"

Hypothetical situation: you make a product, that other stuff can be used with said product, no one buys your product, are you just gonna sit there with your head up your ass and not do anything about it? I hope not, you'd do something to make that product start selling

I just put it at a 3rd grade level for you
---
Here's a message I'm so glad I was given: When you fall you gotta jump back on, I'm a fighter, I'm a winner, I'm a macdaddy.