Disgaea 3 Help Please...

#1MeganTheMooCowPosted 2/9/2013 10:51:18 PM
I've been in post game for a while now (Level 800 Mao), finished HoO, did some extra maps (stuck on the red power ranger guy). Basically, I have no idea how reincarnation and all the deeper mechanics of the game work...So I've been stockpiling my mana (only using it to upgrade shop and other minor things).

Can someone teach me how reincarnation, learning/boosting skills from the evility guy, and how to do millions of damage in general?....Thanks...Sorry for sounding like an idiot.
---
Someone please teach me how to play LoL T.T
PM for summoner name :(
#2MeganTheMooCow(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:02:02 PM
Can't edit posts yet, but I should add that I'm trying to play with only main characters (ie. ones you can't delete).
---
Someone please teach me how to play LoL T.T
PM for summoner name :(
#3Sami1000Posted 2/10/2013 9:32:18 AM
Post this to Disgaea 3 board and you get fully detailed answer just after insult that you get for not using search or google.
#4GhetsisPosted 2/10/2013 9:46:35 AM
Using the Evility Trainer to + your skills (to +9, I believe) gives a huge boost to that skill's damage, so that's one of the main ways to reach millions of damage.

Another huge factor is your equipment. You'll want a weapon perfected for the attack stat you'll be using (ATK for a sword, for example.) Not gonna go into detail with this, but generally, you'll want to empty all of the items in the weapon before floor 10, fill it up with Gladiators (level doesn't matter, only quantity,) and pass the bill at the Item Homeroom to give it even more ATK. Make sure you enter Mystery Rooms for boosts to the item level, and hold Level Spheres when clearing/skipping the maps for more boosts. In case it weren't obvious, you should only bother with Legendary weapons for this (they get 100 floors.) Also, if all of your equipment has the same rarity number, their stats are further multiplied.

Reincarnation is basically starting the character over from level 1. It retains your skills, skill levels, and skill +s. For generics, this is a good way to learn other classes' skills. Uniques can only reincarnate into themselves. When you reincarnate, the level you were is added to your stored levels, and the higher number of stored levels, the higher your stats are, and you get more bonus points to allocate. Also, your starting stats determine how much they go up at level up, so you'll want to get them as high as possible. Lastly, your mana resets to 0 when you reincarnate, so you'll want to use it up before reincarnating.

I'm too lazy to post more, and my descriptions are pretty crappy, so you'll probably have better luck looking around on the game's board (PS3 board probably has more posts.)
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5jazperyPosted 2/10/2013 9:54:53 AM
go to the item world lvl 21+ so that you can encounter the pirates and wait for at one turn beofre heading to the next floor

and after try go reverse pirating and capture the innocence statistician which gives bonus exp
#6GhetsisPosted 2/10/2013 10:00:01 AM(edited)
^ Yes, in case you haven't already done that, that will be a huge help.

It'd be quicker to only catch a few Statisticians, though. After that, finish all the Diez Gentlemen quests so you can get a Puppy Paw Stick (which, when equipped, gives you a chance of stealing an item that the enemy is wearing when you kill them.) Put the Statisticians on a crappy low-level character, then go into the Class World, and kill their dropouts (and hope that you steal the item that has them.) Repeat until you have as many Statisticians that will fit in your items.

EDIT: Here's a much more detailed guide that takes you step by step through the processes. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/942139-disgaea-3-absence-of-justice/45486922
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?