To FFVI owners. GBA or PSN version?

#11DalekZeroPosted 2/10/2013 8:51:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12CrystalKing5426Posted 2/10/2013 11:57:18 AM
DalekZero posted...
GBA. And, once you buy it, you can download a GBA emulator and the game and play it on your computer without breaking the law!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aaubVlhNK4
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#13GuitaristMattPosted 2/10/2013 12:12:18 PM
DalekZero posted...
GBA. And, once you buy it, you can download a GBA emulator and the game and play it on your computer without breaking the law!

Not in the US, unless you destroy the original copy immediately.
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#14Megaman OmegaPosted 2/10/2013 12:13:00 PM

Why exactly do people believe that? Downloading the ROM is illegal no matter how many copies of the game you own. This "rule" is as wrong as the 24 hours trial one.
---
Most publishes have nothing to do with the games they publish. - Sailor Goon
The Vita pushed out more launches than 3DS in the same time frame. - Sailor Goon
#15Megaman OmegaPosted 2/10/2013 12:14:01 PM
DalekZero posted...

Not in the US, unless you destroy the original copy immediately.

The only way to do it legally is if you rip the ROM from your own game. Downloading the ROM is illegal no matter the circumstances.
---
~~Official Red Mage of the KDF~~~
Sales is trolling! Numbers are trolling! Haters are running around? Better get a thicker skin!
#16wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/10/2013 12:17:05 PM
And yet the devices to do that to your own (gba) were just as illegal as downloading files.
#17FayeLadyPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:55 PM
If you truly care about legality, get a retrode and play the GBA or SNES version on your pc/psp/ipad/whatever.

As crappy as the PS1 version is, I can't imagine they want too much for it compared to the other versions of the game. So if pricing is more important than experience than grab that.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#18Steve_TeddiePosted 2/10/2013 12:22:08 PM
If you truly care about legality, get a retrode and play the GBA or SNES version on your pc/psp/ipad/whatever.

As crappy as the PS1 version is, I can't imagine they want too much for it compared to the other versions of the game. So if pricing is more important than experience than grab that.

You act like the experience is so much better on GBA. Like I said - much better screen & sound on Vita. Plus, FFVI GBA is $35ish on eBay, FFVI PSN is $5.

Best way to go is Wii VC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J7RZm.gif http://i.minus.com/jdhz8Qk44JjS5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#19wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/10/2013 12:28:07 PM
And yet the devices to do that to your own (gba) were just as illegal as downloading files.
#20FayeLadyPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:45 PM
Steve_Teddie posted...

You act like the experience is so much better on GBA. Like I said - much better screen & sound on Vita. Plus, FFVI GBA is $35ish on eBay, FFVI PSN is $5.

Best way to go is Wii VC.

It is much better on the GBA, the load times in the PSN version were pretty poor even for the PS1 era. The SNES and the GBA version don't have that issue.

If five dollars is what you want to spend, on the other hand, the comparison doesn't matter much.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.