Disgaea 3 or Fire Emblem:Awakening?

#1ManuKesnaPosted 2/10/2013 9:02:35 AM
I have never played a game from either series and the only strategic RPG that I have played is FF tactics so which game should I get/is better?
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#2Spiffy247Posted 2/10/2013 9:05:59 AM
I have a Spiffy suggestion. Fire Emblem is most likely not dropping in price for a long time, like most Nintendo games made by Nintendo. Get Fire Emblem now, and Disgaea 3 might be cheaper later.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 2/10/2013 9:21:38 AM
Good luck finding Fire Emblem at this point.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#4GhetsisPosted 2/10/2013 9:29:18 AM(edited)
Disgaea 3 is already cheaper. You can find it for $30 new, even less for a used copy.

As for the actual games, I would pick Disgaea 3, but that's mainly because I'm a huge Disgaea fan. I also love games that give me the most bang for my buck, and Disgaea is pretty much the king of that concept.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5alamazing1234Posted 2/10/2013 9:32:26 AM
If you want a weeaboo grinding simulator, Disgaea 3. If you want a quality SRPG that actually requires strategy, Fire Emblem.
#6gray_fox_00Posted 2/10/2013 9:51:49 AM
Depends on the game. If you don't mind grinding, over the top immature/funny, no serious plot point, yet still good fun gameplay and long lasting, get Disgaea. If you're not into the over the top stupid anime you should avoid D3 though. The story and dialogue will just annoy you the entire game.

If you're looking for a more serious story with real plot points and twists, good gameplay, permadeath to add to the weight of your strategy in battle (if you want it), then go for FE:A.

Personally I had a hell of a time finding a physical copy of FE:A and it's still full price, so I'd get D3 to hold me over til FE:A drops.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#7GhetsisPosted 2/10/2013 10:01:26 AM
Disgaea 3's story isn't that stupid. It actually gets kinda serious and touching in the last few chapters.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8mike_411Posted 2/10/2013 10:13:24 AM
alamazing1234 posted...
If you want a weeaboo grinding simulator, Disgaea 3. If you want a quality SRPG that actually requires strategy, Fire Emblem.

you can grind the hell out of FE:A too. Easy game.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#9Spiffy247Posted 2/10/2013 10:20:23 AM
alamazing1234 posted...

*fish slap*
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#10LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/10/2013 10:22:43 AM
Fire Emblem Awakening

Disgaea is weeaboo fodder.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg