more vita sales analysis "Sony admits PS Vita is currently a failure"

#131TheBuddsPosted 2/12/2013 2:57:30 PM
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...
I like grasping at straws

Yeah, I kinda figured since it was apparent you couldn't even understand my post.

Ahh...so no real answer I see. Thanks for the insight, much appreciated!
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#132TheBuddsPosted 2/12/2013 2:58:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#133archedsoulPosted 2/12/2013 3:04:02 PM
TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...

Yeah, I kinda figured since it was apparent you couldn't even understand my post.

How about taking a few minutes to clearly understand my first post before talking about people not having answers and grasping at more straws.
#134TheBuddsPosted 2/12/2013 3:08:55 PM
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...

How about taking a few minutes to clearly understand my first post before talking about people not having answers and grasping at more straws.

You have the opinion that sony failed, my opinion differs...not quite to hard to understand. Pretty crazy failure to have it still selling, though badly though.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#135JP_SartrePosted 2/12/2013 3:09:39 PM
Damn, GF is so *TEDIOUS* these days.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#136archedsoulPosted 2/12/2013 3:22:04 PM
TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...
TheBudds posted...

You have the opinion that sony failed, my opinion differs...not quite to hard to understand. Pretty crazy failure to have it still selling, though badly though.

See, here's where you confirm you didn't understand it. It's not an opinion, sorry.

"Failure is the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success."

"omission of occurrence or performance ; specifically : a failing to perform a duty or expected action <failure to pay the rent on time>"

"lack of success"

Let me know when they actually meet the objective of selling that 7 million # that was lowered 3 times, and then we can discuss the difference between facts and opinions and learn what the word currently means.
#137TheBuddsPosted 2/12/2013 3:41:17 PM
archedsoul posted...

See, here's where you confirm you didn't understand it. It's not an opinion, sorry.

"Failure is the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, and may be viewed as the opposite of success."

"omission of occurrence or performance ; specifically : a failing to perform a duty or expected action <failure to pay the rent on time>"

"lack of success"

Let me know when they actually meet the objective of selling that 7 million # that was lowered 3 times, and then we can discuss the difference between facts and opinions and learn what the word currently means.

If the situation gets worse and no more games get made for it, I'll gladly claim it a failure. They did lower sales forecasts and I'm not denying it, and if they don't make this one they have no one to blame for themselves.

The TC asked me my opinion on the matter and I gave it to him (which the point your missing) Once again I'll ask...

The vita is doing badly right now, please tell me were I'm wrong in saying this. For me, this just sounds like the whole "final nail" thing with the ps3. For as many as people were giving them, they should had a coffin made of nails already. Also remember all the talks of "failure" for the ps3. Yet it's doing pretty alright now.
---
#138archedsoulPosted 2/12/2013 4:41:02 PM
TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...

"lack of success"

If the situation gets worse and no more games get made for it, I'll gladly claim it a failure. They did lower sales forecasts and I'm not denying it, and if they don't make this one they have no one to blame for themselves.

The TC asked me my opinion on the matter and I gave it to him (which the point your missing) Once again I'll ask...

The vita is doing badly right now, please tell me were I'm wrong in saying this. For me, this just sounds like the whole "final nail" thing with the ps3. For as many as people were giving them, they should had a coffin made of nails already. Also remember all the talks of "failure" for the ps3. Yet it's doing pretty alright now.

Looks like you didn't even read my post. You'll "claim"? Are you that dense? It's currently a failure by definition. Who cares what you think or claim or how many straws you grasp at.

The fact that you had to bring up PS3, which is no way even comparable to the Vita, shows that you're just pulling BS from your ass, to guess what? Grasp at them straws again.

And I honestly don't care what your beef with the TC is or was. You said "Failure would be sony not selling anymore", which is not the full truth, and I corrected you, and you can read my follow up posts to know why.
#139dj___rollPosted 2/12/2013 5:42:06 PM
Quote:TheBudds posted...
archedsoul posted...

"lack of success"

Looks like you didn't even read my post. You'll "claim"? Are you that dense? It's currently a failure by definition. Who cares what you think or claim or how many straws you grasp at.

The fact that you had to bring up PS3, which is no way even comparable to the Vita, shows that you're just pulling BS from your ass, to guess what? Grasp at them straws again.

And I honestly don't care what your beef with the TC is or was. You said "Failure would be sony not selling anymore", which is not the full truth, and I corrected you, and you can read my follow up posts to know why.

@archedsoul
Both his and your understanding of the definition of the word failure can be considered correct. You claiming he is wrong and you are right and vice versa is asinine.

And why isn't the ps3 comparable? It started off very similarly. And now it is successful. This may or may not happen to the Vita, but to out right dismiss the notion is ignorant.

Life isn't black and white. And your interpretation of a word isn't the same as everyone else's. keep that in mind before railing off on someone for no reason.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#140archedsoulPosted 2/12/2013 6:05:11 PM(edited)
dj___roll posted:
Both his and your understanding of the definition of the word failure can be considered correct. You claiming he is wrong and you are right and vice versa is asinine.

No. His 'understanding' includes my broader definition. Commercial failure vs failure.
And why isn't the ps3 comparable? It started off very similarly. And now it is successful. This may or may not happen to the Vita, but to out right dismiss the notion is ignorant.

Because Sony was at their RICHEST ever. They are at their POOREST now. The rest is common sense. And the PS3 was only 'successful' in the number of units it sold, it was a financial disaster. And I didn't mean to dismiss it. I was dismissing the fact that people bring it up to prove something, when money was specific reason that got them through. It might or might not happen like that.
Life isn't black and white. And your interpretation of a word isn't the same as everyone else's. keep that in mind before railing off on someone for no reason.

Oh I know that, and I keep that in mind, when it applies. It doesn't here unfortunately.