PSP Games

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#1
Does anyone play PSP games on their Vita? What does it feel/look/sound like? Any info will help to determine whether I buy a Vita or not with income tax return since there's no NBA game to buy on it...yet.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
2 years ago#2
Vita makes them look/sound/feel even more awesome. Same for the PS1 Classics.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: Dissidia 012 and The 3rd Birthday
{Lightning <3 http://i.imgur.com/XF2q0jr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aYOiugN.jpg}
2 years ago#3
I think they look slightly worse but what do I know.

They are a little blown up and pixelated, although the bilinear filter smooths things out and dulls the colors a bit.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
2 years ago#4
stargazer64 posted...
I think they look slightly worse but what do I know.

They are a little blown up and pixelated, although the bilinear filter smooths things out and dulls the colors a bit.

So pretty much the same as playing PS2 Classics on the PS3?
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
2 years ago#5
I personally feel like the quality is much better than playing PS2s on a PS3. This goes for both PSP and PS1 games on the Vita.

Definitely worth it. The ability to customize a few of the controls and map things to the touchscreen is also a big improvement for me.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
2 years ago#6
So far I have only played Persona 3 Portable and Killzone: Liberation. P3P sounds/feels/looks good (though it is a little jarring going from P4G to P3P). I played KZ:L on the PSP a while back and I like it on the Vita more. I think it's because I like the stick a lot more than the nub.

But so far I have no complaints about playing PSP games on Vita.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
2 years ago#7
It depends on the game. From my experience, most psp games look worse on the vita.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
2 years ago#8
The screen is better and brighter but some games do tend to look a little pixelated.

For certain games the Vita is a lot better than the PSP though because you can control the camera with the right analogue stick instead of the D-pad which is a nightmare on the PSP. You can also map buttons on the touch screen which is really nice for the games that use Start+Select.

I can't play games like Monster Hunter and Gods Eater Burst on my PSP anymore because the Vita's controls make them much better.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
2 years ago#9
The customizable controls are great. The visuals are great on 2D games, but are a bit worse IMO on 3D games.

I'd say it's worth it if you want more control options. It lets you use the right stick as the D-pad, face buttons, or left stick. If you are playing a game like MH where pushing up or down on the D-pad changes the zoom instead of camera angle, you can map it to only allow left and right. It also lets you map buttons to the corners of the screen.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
2 years ago#10
I haven't seen psp games played on psp but i have played plenty of those with vita and selected few looks pixelated or blurry. Dissidia 012 looks pixelated except in combat, Disgaea 2 and z.h.p looks little blurry and it gives me serious eye strain if concentrate on blurry characters for too long.

I haven't come across psp game which i couldn't play with vita because graphics quality. Most of them look very good and even if there's slight blurryness or something the colors make up for it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived