PSP Games

#1BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/10/2013 8:49:56 PM
Does anyone play PSP games on their Vita? What does it feel/look/sound like? Any info will help to determine whether I buy a Vita or not with income tax return since there's no NBA game to buy on it...yet.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#2The_LimitPosted 2/10/2013 8:51:22 PM
Vita makes them look/sound/feel even more awesome. Same for the PS1 Classics.
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: Dissidia 012 and The 3rd Birthday
{Lightning <3 http://i.imgur.com/XF2q0jr.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aYOiugN.jpg}
#3stargazer64Posted 2/10/2013 9:02:04 PM
I think they look slightly worse but what do I know.

They are a little blown up and pixelated, although the bilinear filter smooths things out and dulls the colors a bit.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#4BrianCraigSmith(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:07:47 PM
stargazer64 posted...
I think they look slightly worse but what do I know.

They are a little blown up and pixelated, although the bilinear filter smooths things out and dulls the colors a bit.

So pretty much the same as playing PS2 Classics on the PS3?
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#5Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/10/2013 10:27:52 PM
I personally feel like the quality is much better than playing PS2s on a PS3. This goes for both PSP and PS1 games on the Vita.

Definitely worth it. The ability to customize a few of the controls and map things to the touchscreen is also a big improvement for me.
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!
#6MickleohbPosted 2/10/2013 10:33:06 PM
So far I have only played Persona 3 Portable and Killzone: Liberation. P3P sounds/feels/looks good (though it is a little jarring going from P4G to P3P). I played KZ:L on the PSP a while back and I like it on the Vita more. I think it's because I like the stick a lot more than the nub.

But so far I have no complaints about playing PSP games on Vita.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#7dacekidPosted 2/10/2013 10:36:42 PM
It depends on the game. From my experience, most psp games look worse on the vita.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#8RotuhiiriPosted 2/11/2013 8:14:55 AM
The screen is better and brighter but some games do tend to look a little pixelated.

For certain games the Vita is a lot better than the PSP though because you can control the camera with the right analogue stick instead of the D-pad which is a nightmare on the PSP. You can also map buttons on the touch screen which is really nice for the games that use Start+Select.

I can't play games like Monster Hunter and Gods Eater Burst on my PSP anymore because the Vita's controls make them much better.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Join our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#9BahamutBBobPosted 2/11/2013 9:52:59 AM(edited)
The customizable controls are great. The visuals are great on 2D games, but are a bit worse IMO on 3D games.

I'd say it's worth it if you want more control options. It lets you use the right stick as the D-pad, face buttons, or left stick. If you are playing a game like MH where pushing up or down on the D-pad changes the zoom instead of camera angle, you can map it to only allow left and right. It also lets you map buttons to the corners of the screen.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#10Sami1000Posted 2/11/2013 10:52:32 AM
I haven't seen psp games played on psp but i have played plenty of those with vita and selected few looks pixelated or blurry. Dissidia 012 looks pixelated except in combat, Disgaea 2 and z.h.p looks little blurry and it gives me serious eye strain if concentrate on blurry characters for too long.

I haven't come across psp game which i couldn't play with vita because graphics quality. Most of them look very good and even if there's slight blurryness or something the colors make up for it.