more proof that vita remains a very viable platform for devs

#41PannerPosted 2/11/2013 5:07:58 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Uh, me and a million retail employees will tell you otherwise. I'm not exactly sure why you continue grasping at straws as if you have any credibility whatsoever, especially when you have to bring up the 3DS and Wii U to maintain your arguments.

you just cant make an argument without putting others down cant you? and do please read before going on a rampage

anyway, if you're trying to tell me that companies are so incompetent that they overshipped all the time, i find that really hard to believe.

I used to be a manager for GAME in UK and i can vouch that this does happen, a lot.
You see, game sales are based on pre-orders. The more pre-orders a store gets the more stock it gets.

I'll give you an example of over stock with Halo 2

we were told to give ANY person buying a game, no matter what format they were buying it for, they had to have a Halo 2 pre-order. In the UK its free to pre-order game, or it used to be. So most of the customers didnt even know they had pre-ordered Halo 2.

So in turn, my store had a massive shipment of Halo 2 because its was reflecting what our pre-orders were.
All the extra copies just sat in the back of the store just waiting to be sold.

It may not be the publishers who over estimate but the game stores do.
And thats how some of the biggest games have broken all kinds of pre-order records but never sell anywhere near that amount.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#42HornyLevelPosted 2/11/2013 5:17:07 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Uh, me and a million retail employees will tell you otherwise. I'm not exactly sure why you continue grasping at straws as if you have any credibility whatsoever, especially when you have to bring up the 3DS and Wii U to maintain your arguments.

you just cant make an argument without putting others down cant you? and do please read before going on a rampage

anyway, if you're trying to tell me that companies are so incompetent that they overshipped all the time, i find that really hard to believe.

Because you're grasping at straws. See, you might not believe it, but there's a very simple way to prove it. Go to Walmart, tell the service desk you wanna ask the manager some questions and explain your brain dead logic, and watch as he falls on the floor laughing at you.

What you're saying is just guessing at best, trying to pick it apart for no real reason as I said. What I'm saying can be easily proven if you just got up and went to Walmart or Target or Best Buy. Another proof of this is the clearance racks/aisle, which is one of the reasons they exist. You'd have to be really on something to continue arguing that.

Your viewpoint is quite narrow and you are thinking about this strictly through your experience with games or whatever, not retail. Unless you can do a better job proving the opposite, whatever you're trying to say is quite irrelevant.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#43TheExiled280Posted 2/11/2013 5:18:00 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
I understand what you're saying with this post but...the last line was really unnecessary.

---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#44AnclationPosted 2/11/2013 5:43:24 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
I understand what you're saying with this post but...the last line was really unnecessary.

dont get me wrong, im not saying the 3ds is bad, just that despite having the larger userbase, it consists mostly of people who buys for that one type of game, whereas the vita consists of more hardcore gamers who follows gaming news site and buys a variety of games.

Lol, if they actually followed gaming sites they wouldn't be buying a COD game that got panned everywhere. Also, 600K (counting various bundles) is considered impressive now? I'm pretty sure Resident Evil: Revelations 3DS sold more than that, despite fewer hardcore gamers supposedly owning a 3DS.
#45thinkingofwarPosted 2/11/2013 6:04:45 AM
This topic went places.
---
If you enjoy RPGs, please consider purchasing Trails in the Sky for your PSP/Vita on PSN and supporting XSeed's translation efforts on this massive undertaking.
#46FlipManV3Posted 2/11/2013 6:18:55 AM
Assurance level in this topic: Maximum
-
---
PM me for the $20 PSN credit promotion referral code to register your VlTA serial.
#47StealthlysPosted 2/11/2013 6:31:39 AM
FlipManV3 posted...
Assurance level in this topic: Maximum
-
#48OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:40:23 AM
Because you're grasping at straws. See, you might not believe it, but there's a very simple way to prove it. Go to Walmart, tell the service desk you wanna ask the manager some questions and explain your brain dead logic, and watch as he falls on the floor laughing at you.

What you're saying is just guessing at best, trying to pick it apart for no real reason as I said. What I'm saying can be easily proven if you just got up and went to Walmart or Target or Best Buy. Another proof of this is the clearance racks/aisle, which is one of the reasons they exist. You'd have to be really on something to continue arguing that.

Your viewpoint is quite narrow and you are thinking about this strictly through your experience with games or whatever, not retail. Unless you can do a better job proving the opposite, whatever you're trying to say is quite irrelevant.

you're sure what you're talking about is overshipping, and not just having extra stocks at the back to restock once the shelves are empty right?
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#49HornyLevelPosted 2/11/2013 6:51:56 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

you're sure what you're talking about is overshipping, and not just having extra stocks at the back to restock once the shelves are empty right?

*facedesk*

See everyone. This is why ponies are just that, ponies. Never know when to stop and give up with their delusional logic. That last post was embarrassingly bad.

Yep, mr. knowitall. You are right about everything. The rest of us living in reality are wrong of course.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#50OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:56:46 AM
*facedesk*

See everyone. This is why ponies are just that, ponies. Never know when to stop and give up with their delusional logic. That last post was embarrassingly bad.

Yep, mr. knowitall. You are right about everything. The rest of us living in reality are wrong of course.

hey it's just a simple question, no need to start calling names and overreacting
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg