#81LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/11/2013 9:46:58 AM

I...

I don't even know where to begin here.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#82blunderminePosted 2/11/2013 10:01:33 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
Developers are, which, if I read your topic title correctly, are the people we're talking about.

okay, so both vita and 3ds is viable, good then

I'm not sure I'd call it viable when there are only 3 titles in the history of the system that have sold more than 400,000 units.

Developers get about 30% of the sticker price, so at $40, there are only 3 games in the Vita's lifespan that have earned more than 5 mil in revenue. For the average game, it takes a team of 50 people roughly 2 years to be on the conservative side. And given that average salary for these people is somewhere in the range of $65,000 per year, they're not even recouping there staff costs let alone all the other factors involved in running a development studio.

So no, the Vita isn't viable for developers with its current software sales.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#83OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:04:07 AM
I'm not sure I'd call it viable when there are only 3 titles in the history of the system that have sold more than 400,000 units.

Developers get about 30% of the sticker price, so at $40, there are only 3 games in the Vita's lifespan that have earned more than 5 mil in revenue. For the average game, it takes a team of 50 people roughly 2 years to be on the conservative side. And given that average salary for these people is somewhere in the range of $65,000 per year, they're not even recouping there staff costs let alone all the other factors involved in running a development studio.

So no, the Vita isn't viable for developers with its current software sales.

average AAA game, the vita is easy to develop for and easy to port over from PS3 and niche title is generally profitable at even 50k sales. so yes, vita is viable.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#84brycemorrPosted 2/11/2013 10:04:57 AM
Wow I think TCs just lost it. Numbers shipped=Amount that the publishers ship automatically + Number of extra games that each company orders how ever it does not equal number of units sold. I think TC needs to go back to school or something.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#85GamenamebullyPosted 2/11/2013 10:11:30 AM
Looking at some of these posts about a "real gamer" I will say this:

A real gamer doesn't use the term "Real Gamer" and buys whatever they feel like whether it is a Vita, a 3DS, a Wii U, an Xbox, etc and make up their minds without letting sales make them judge a potential purchase but rather personal judgement.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#86SagadegoPosted 2/11/2013 10:13:47 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...

I...

I don't even know where to begin here.

topic creator is a hypocrite! nothing more.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#87OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:16:23 AM
Wow I think TCs just lost it. Numbers shipped=Amount that the publishers ship automatically + Number of extra games that each company orders how ever it does not equal number of units sold. I think TC needs to go back to school or something.

what? when have i said that?

Looking at some of these posts about a "real gamer" I will say this:

A real gamer doesn't use the term "Real Gamer" and buys whatever they feel like whether it is a Vita, a 3DS, a Wii U, an Xbox, etc and make up their minds without letting sales make them judge a potential purchase but rather personal judgement.

my thinking is a real gamer (or hardcore) is the kind of gamer that follows gaming news and generally knows about what is coming out or what's good, whereas casuals are those that dont. though i agree with your point as well in that gamers shouldnt let sales determine whether a game is good or not.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#88FantasticCat42Posted 2/11/2013 10:17:50 AM
OtakuGamera posted...

3DS might've sold more but the majority bought it for animal crossing, mario or zelda only, most real gamers bought the vita

Come on, seriously man? I expect better than this from someone with Gamera in their user name :P

Honestly though, if CoD and AC are the new benchmark for "real" gamers, then you can count me out.
---
.... I play my mini mini Moog.
#89dj___rollPosted 2/11/2013 10:24:30 AM
Quote:OtakuGamera posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512644

to date

persona 4 golden sold more than 300k worldwide
AC3L sold 600k
COD sold more than 300k in the US alone
and now ragnarok odyssey sold 250k

3DS might've sold more but the majority bought it for animal crossing, mario or zelda only, most real gamers bought the vita

Really? Really?? OK then.

"P4G sold more than 300k" so did RE:R and others.

"AC3L sold 600k" with the bundle from black friday, that number is not impressive. If there was a bundle with any game for the 3DS that included a peripheral and had costed 50$ less than a new 3DS, do you think it would sell more or less than that?

"COD sold more than 300k" once more with a bundle, and for the brand name alone with should have sold much more, alas the game was horrible.

"Ragnarok Odyssey 250" just like AC3L, that number is shipped, not sold. And even then, 250k not that impressive for one of the very few original games the Vita has.

"3DS is not for true gamers" "True gamers" get any system that has games they want, which also explains why the Vita sells so bad.

And out of the top of my head: Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - Neppuu / Raimei has sold in Japan only more than 400k and Fantasy Life sold in 3 months more than 200k, so there goes that theory that they only will buy "animal crossing, mario or zelda ".

@Dark_Zeno

Selling 400k on a system with a MUCH larger user base is not the same as selling 400k on the Vita. I don't get why the fanboys never realize that. 400k out of 4 million is much better that 400k out of 10+ million.

And this is disregarding the fanboy/troll claims that one system is better than the other.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#90dj___rollPosted 2/11/2013 10:26:38 AM
Quote:Lol, Shadowfxd2 is still on this board? Did he celebrate the anniversary of his one year complaining about the Vita already?
@LuminescentRule
He's no different than you constantly posting ridiculous reassurance or overly pro-Vita "news". You guys should both leave the board, please.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10