Something that has always annoyed me about PSN.

#1melchiahdimPosted 2/11/2013 1:17:02 AM
I really wish you could sort your download list.

I'm trying to download syphon filter Logan's shadow, and for some reason it doesn't show up under the psp games or if you use the search feature. It does, however, appear on my download list as downloadable. But the list contains every game, demo and bit of DLC I've ever downloaded with and this game is around halfway down at least 200 items. To make things more annoying I'm using a fairly slow connections.

I find the game, hit download and apparently barely don't have enough memory. Of course after I delete something and go back it doesn't remember where I was on the list so I have to search for the game again...

I realize its a nitpick, but as I rarely buy DLC and only moderately buy games off PSN (I did buy way too much for my PSPgo) I can only imagine how big other people's download list can get. I really hopes Sony would have fixed this in an update by now, but it still annoys me greatly.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#2pencruPosted 2/11/2013 3:27:27 AM
I have nearly 300 entries on my list, and it does get pretty annoying having to search through it every single time. There's a petition for it on Playstation's Share website. You should go add in a vote to there.
#3melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:34:06 AM
pencru posted...
I have nearly 300 entries on my list, and it does get pretty annoying having to search through it every single time. There's a petition for it on Playstation's Share website. You should go add in a vote to there.

I'll check it out.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#4Trespasser2003Posted 2/11/2013 3:50:59 AM
Agreed. I've had PS3 since launch, and I've pretty much downloaded a few things a month since then. Sometimes a lot more. Being able to sort would be awesome.
---
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.
#5gray_fox_00Posted 2/11/2013 6:01:58 AM
I've got like 900 downloads (lots of demos, free DLC packs, PSOne Classics, PSP games)

It's a pain in the ass sorting through that.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6Biezulbub669Posted 2/11/2013 6:14:44 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
I've got like 900 downloads (lots of demos, free DLC packs, PSOne Classics, PSP games)

It's a pain in the ass sorting through that.

same as me I'm around 900 something downloads on my list I've been downloading stuff since 2008 lol :(
---
PSN - BiezulbubBill69
http://www.youtube.com/user/biezulbub669
#7BahamutBBobPosted 2/11/2013 7:27:48 AM
I agree with TC.

My PS3 died, so when I got a new one, I used the download list. PS+ freebies alone (games, avatars, and themes) made up at least 100 items on my download list, and including demos and videos, I have over 900 items in there IIRC.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#8mrekliPosted 2/11/2013 10:34:05 AM
Seriously the Downloads List at least should separate Plus out to its own section. Every time I come back or renew, the whole thing just piles on. DLC should be under the game it belongs too... System sorting would be nice too.
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#9KurenoPosted 2/11/2013 1:03:23 PM
I'd be happy enough for a sort by system for download list.

STILL waiting on alphabetical sort on games in XMB. :(
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#10mjc0961Posted 2/11/2013 1:36:42 PM(edited)
melchiahdim posted...
pencru posted...

I'll check it out.

Don't bother, Sony has not cared about the Share website since day one. They only do what they were planning to do anyway and if it also happens to be on Share, they mark it as an idea in action in a sad attempt to look good.

Want proof? Just go look at what's in idea in action and check out how few votes some of them have. Meanwhile, simple features with tens of thousands of votes still haven't been added yet. Also, look at how many of the "ideas in action" aren't actually in action at all. Sony definitively does not give two s***s about what people ask for on the Share website.

My favorite is this one:

Focus on Hardcore Titles for Playstation Move

Idea 7926 | Posted in Accessories, Hardware by Dodgerblue42 | March 30, 2010

focus less on party titles and more on Triple AAA titles like socom 4.

On April 19, 2011, SOCOM 4 was released on PlayStation Move.

One game is not a focus nor is it the idea in action, and since then they have done absolutely nothing "hardcore" for PS Move. This was not that guy's idea in action, it was them already planning Move support for SOCOM 4 before the idea was posted and they marked it to try and look good. Too bad it makes them look bad instead because they did not follow up on it at all. Complete slap in the face to everyone who bought a PS Move, such as myself, that they call this an idea in action.

Another prime example:

inFamous 2

Idea 14948 | Posted in Hardware, PS3 by Nate_Dawg55 | April 21, 2010

ok, so i just recently beat inFamous, and it was great! However i was left hanging at the end, so i think the story should be continued in inFamous 2. Thank you for your time! -Nate

inFAMOUS 2 was unveiled on June 4th on the PlayStation.Blog. Additionally, the debut trailer was debuted at the E3 2010 PlayStation press conference.

Idea posted at the end of April, game was unveiled on June 4th. If you think they made inFamous 2 because of this guy's post on the Share site, you're nuts. They had it in development for years before it was revealed, meaning this is not an example of Sony actually listening to people on the Share site. Same with the God of War PSP idea a few posts up from that (idea suggested March 2010, game revealed May 2010. game was already being made), and the Sly Collection idea (which is probably the third time I've seen that idea in the ideas in action page, way to artificially boost your numbers even further Sony) and Final Fantasy 9 idea a few posts after.

I could go on, but Sony's arrogance is starting to piss me off.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey