I've spent more time on load screens than actually playing Sly Cooper TIT

#31AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:03:50 AM
I happen to love Sonic 2006 thank you very much.
#32adonfrazPosted 2/11/2013 11:06:52 AM
AncientAstro posted...
I happen to love Sonic 2006 thank you very much.

Now those are frequent loading screens
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#33kingofall214Posted 2/11/2013 11:18:41 AM
Rotuhiiri posted...
Even if the load times are bad, it's a great game and they aren't frequent. They bother me a little but not enough to keep me from enjoying the game. This topic is a ridiculous exaggeration of what is a minor issue.

Load times after dying are like 2 seconds long and that matters more than a big load when starting out a giant level.

It depends on how you play. As someone who does the missions first and gets collectibles/exploration done later it is pretty bad.

Start game load time
Leave hideout load time
Start mission. If its in a separate area add another load time.
Finish mission- another load time.
You are at the hideout again.
All of this is 20 second plus load times
The cycle continues to end game and it's very jarring.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#34stargazer64Posted 2/11/2013 11:39:40 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
According to stargazer, one load equals them all. Gotta laugh at the trolls trying to cherry pick to try to be right

The load times are bad. Simple as that. Your damage control is pathetic.

You heard it here first folks, proving someone wrong is "damage control" lol

That's not exactly what I meant. I meant trying to defend the load-times was damage control.

There's especially no excuse for the ps3 version to have such long load times. Poor coding me thinks.

Sanzaru seems to lack a lot of basic programming knowledge. Having the game start on 'New game' every time is a no-no.

In Bentley's Hackpack, the GUI is awful. It doesn't even tell you what mini-game you are picking, and you have to choose based on what the arcade machine looks like. The framerate is poor, and glitches abound. One of the challenges says not to touch a wall or a bumper, and I did it 4 times in a row without touching anything and failed every time.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#35CompassPosted 2/11/2013 11:45:24 AM
lol @ Goon's damage control and new branch of time travel-oriented mathemagics.

Same exact thing happened when Wipeout first came out and load times were 58 seconds pre-patch. On Goon's magical flux capacitor-equipped Vita, all load times were magically "no more than 30 seconds."
#36CompassPosted 2/11/2013 11:49:09 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Sanzaru seems to lack a lot of basic programming knowledge. Having the game start on 'New game' every time is a no-no.

Haha, yes. There are a few general design/programming/laziness litmus tests I always subconsciously check for when I play a new game, and that is definitely one. (Being able to scroll long lists a page at a time by using triggers or pressing right/left on the d-pad is another.)
#37Erupt50Posted 2/11/2013 12:22:21 PM
Compass posted...

Same exact thing happened when Wipeout first came out and load times were 58 seconds pre-patch. On Goon's magical flux capacitor-equipped Vita, all load times were magically "no more than 30 seconds."

I need to get me one of those super charged vitas
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#38stargazer64Posted 2/11/2013 1:19:12 PM
Erupt50 posted...
Compass posted...

I need to get me one of those super charged vitas

Some people have Vita's that last 7 hours while playing Vita games, too. I need to upgrade, seriously.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#39EricDraven59Posted 2/11/2013 1:22:18 PM
Yea the load times are a little long for Sly, but nothing game breaking by any means