Can't use memory card :(

#1chrissynb10Posted 2/11/2013 12:16:38 PM
My parents got me a PS Vita from ebay and said the memory card was suppose to have games on it already but it says I can't use it, and if I format it then all data on the card will be deleted. Is it because the card is linked to the previous owner's account? If so, does that mean I can't play those games now and should just go ahead and press format?
#2Ergot_CholeraPosted 2/11/2013 12:18:36 PM
Yes.
#3stargazer64Posted 2/11/2013 12:18:57 PM
" Is it because the card is linked to the previous owner's account? "

Correct. Maybe contact the seller and see if they will give you their login info (if they don't care about the account anymore)....otherwise you may as well format it.
---
"Crap the 24 didn't get added when I punched it into calculator.
1400/104 is 13.5 mb/s." - Demonbat666
#4kingofall214Posted 2/11/2013 12:19:23 PM
chrissynb10 posted...
My parents got me a PS Vita from ebay and said the memory card was suppose to have games on it already but it says I can't use it, and if I format it then all data on the card will be deleted. Is it because the card is linked to the previous owner's account? If so, does that mean I can't play those games now and should just go ahead and press format?

Sounds like your parents got ripped off. Your vita PSN has to match the PSN account on the memory card. If they don't match then yes you have to format it. I hope your parents didn't pay extra because the seller promised games.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#5TheExiled280Posted 2/11/2013 12:19:26 PM
Ergot_Cholera posted...
Yes.

---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#6gray_fox_00Posted 2/11/2013 12:29:46 PM
Sounds like the seller ripped you off. He had to have reformatted the Vita before selling it otherwise his account would still be active and the games on the card tied to his account would still be playable.

He either didn't know that's how it was and unknowingly advertised it falsely or purposely ripped you off. Either way if you payed extra (how much did you pay if you don't mind us asking) for the added games I'd make a compliant and ask for compensation.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#7chrissynb10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 1:08:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys! Well I don't know how much they spent but apparently it was cheap (that's why they didn't just buy a brand new one since they're SO expensive XD). lol well guess I'll just erase the data, oh well.