That can't be good...

#1Gamer001988Posted 2/11/2013 3:59:47 PM
So... I must say that I went to pick up assassins creed at my local kmart on Friday. The cashier told me "WOW! I've been working here for 6 months and this is the first thing I've ever sold for the vita." This is in a well populated area and I must say that shocked me even with all the bad news I've been hearing. I'm by no means a troll, I own a 360, ps3, vita and ipad. I'm a huge supporter of the vita because I appreciate real games on the go. I hope things pick up.
#2MrPoppadopolisPosted 2/11/2013 4:06:10 PM
Its quite clear all the customers in your area are digital purchasers. I am ._.
---
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r
#3Gamer001988(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:17:09 PM
Hopefully!!
#4DalekZeroPosted 2/11/2013 4:18:22 PM
could just be the store or the hours the persona works. I mean, 6 months includes the holiday season, and I don't care how badly the vita is doing overall, there is no way in hell that nobody in your area got a vita if it is as populated as you say.
---
How do you make holy water?
You boil the hell out of it.
#5Bikes-Posted 2/11/2013 4:22:36 PM
Most people probably got their vita stuff off amazon recently considering how cheap it was during black friday and such.
#6Gamer001988(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:24:21 PM
Yeah. It's by no means a HUGE populace but its big enough that it was shocking. I know a few months back another employee made the comment "vita, I forget about that thing".. So the two together is what made me think its not doing great around here.
#7EvilSock1990Posted 2/11/2013 4:34:09 PM
Gamer001988 posted...
So... I must say that I went to pick up assassins creed at my local kmart on Friday. The cashier told me "WOW! I've been working here for 6 months and this is the first thing I've ever sold for the vita." This is in a well populated area and I must say that shocked me even with all the bad news I've been hearing. I'm by no means a troll, I own a 360, ps3, vita and ipad. I'm a huge supporter of the vita because I appreciate real games on the go. I hope things pick up.

give us your definition of a real game
#8mike_411Posted 2/11/2013 4:37:38 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
Gamer001988 posted...

give us your definition of a real game

and here we go...
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
I'm just full of opinions!! =D
#9Gamer001988(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 4:43:04 PM
Games like uncharted or need for speed for example. It's very close to console quality on the go and every person who sees it says it looks and plays like a hand held ps3. It's really a bummer that its not doing better because the system itself is far superior to anything else in the handheld gaming genre. I think the main problem is that your average person sees a 250 kindle hd for the same price and 9 times out of ten will spring for the kindle. I think sales would blow up if it was 200.00 with free memory but the systems price is perfectly acceptable considering the cutting edge tech. Obviously the memory cards do not fall into that category.
#10EvilSock1990Posted 2/11/2013 4:44:41 PM
Gamer001988 posted...
Games like uncharted or need for speed for example. It's very close to console quality on the go and every person who sees it says it looks and plays like a hand held ps3. It's really a bummer that its not doing better because the system itself is far superior to anything else in the handheld gaming genre. I think the main problem is that your average person sees a 250 kindle hd for the same price and 9 times out of ten will spring for the kindle. I think sales would blow up if it was 200.00 with free memory but the systems price is perfectly acceptable considering the cutting edge tech. Obviously the memory cards do not fall into that category.

you have no idea why the system is doing so poorly do you?