An article on Sony losing exclusive supports and closing of studios

#1xfactorPosted 2/13/2013 5:43:54 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/77805/burning-bridges-abandoning-playstation-exclusivity

Its worse than I imagined. I didn't know guys from LightBox Interactive and Housemarque has abandoned Sony exclusive support too.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#2RyuuHou25Posted 2/13/2013 5:53:54 PM
Dev companies will go where they feel is best for the future of their company, ie where is most profitable.

Going multi plat or to mobile makes more sense to them than sticking with one console. That's not something Sony can really control and has nothing to do with loyalty.

The studios they closed, for one reason or another, make sense. A studio closing is never a good thing, but is a reality of the video game business.

Superbot and Sanzaru would be the only ones I'd say are burned bridges, if that. Superbot did their best, but the game was more or less DOA.

Sly 4, they definitely did not handle that well, but the fact they laid off most of their staff after work was done, again, not uncommon and not something Sony is responsible for.

Sony has done a lot of stupid things this gen. The main one being, not BUYING loyalty. You can't just expect dev companies to forgo the possibility of greater success simply to better Sonys success. Makes no sense.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Shadowfxd2Posted 2/13/2013 5:58:30 PM
anyone who isn't a pony knows Sony is going down. They are not the same Sony that dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era, they are now the new Sega. Now the question remains if they will go out like Sega, or if they will turn it around and stay relevant.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#4fourgigmanPosted 2/13/2013 6:03:50 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
anyone who isn't a pony knows Sony is going down. They are not the same Sony that dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era, they are now the new Sega. Now the question remains if they will go out like Sega, or if they will turn it around and stay relevant.

I now rename you "Doctor Doom".
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
#5gray_fox_00Posted 2/13/2013 7:01:46 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

I agree that the ship is sinking, but I've still got a little shred of hope that them being scared ****less will help motivate them towards the right track.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6LuuthianPosted 2/13/2013 7:16:44 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

The way that's worded makes it sound like you believe Sony as a whole is going down... I mean the Vita has given them a black eye, but it's not going to devastate them for life. At the very least I think they have one home console left in them.

The Vita is going down though. More than likely.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .
#7BruceLee1974Posted 2/13/2013 10:46:29 PM
There are WAY TOO MANY NEGATIVE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. Go outside get some sunshine, go out with friends enjoy yourselves then come back to this board.

There is nothing wrong with the Vita at all, all's Sony has to do to make it sell more is to release a few more big games, drop the price of the Console and memory cards and I'm sure it will sell better

It's the best handheld console ever and if you's actually owned one you would see the potential it has. It's got so much horsepower under the hood and it's very well built. I am very happy with it right now and once the games start to roll out for it, it will be the console of choice, well for Adults anyway, Kids can still play with their 3DS's.
#8Starwars4JPosted 2/13/2013 10:57:10 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
There are WAY TOO MANY NEGATIVE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. Go outside get some sunshine, go out with friends enjoy yourselves then come back to this board.

There is nothing wrong with the Vita at all, all's Sony has to do to make it sell more is to release a few more big games, drop the price of the Console and memory cards and I'm sure it will sell better

It's the best handheld console ever and if you's actually owned one you would see the potential it has. It's got so much horsepower under the hood and it's very well built. I am very happy with it right now and once the games start to roll out for it, it will be the console of choice, well for Adults anyway, Kids can still play with their 3DS's.

Thank you for the laughs :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9CrystalKing5426Posted 2/13/2013 11:20:03 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...

I'm stealing this from Shadowfxd2's sig, but it really fits.

http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#10king_maddenPosted 2/13/2013 11:46:26 PM
anyone else love when people who have no idea how anything dealing with huge businesses work all of a sudden know exactly how everything is going to work and turn out?

its hilariously depressing.

like a sad clown......