How nice is the vita screen? retina display?

#51j2zon2591Posted 2/15/2013 10:58:47 AM
Sabram posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Blah blah blah

Paraphrasing your quote a bit to save some space, but that's what most people will have seen anyway.

So, all this comparison between screens. There's only one question that matters.

Does the Vita's screen look good?

The answer should be yes. The Vita wasn't made to be a competitor to a tablet PC or a smartphone, if it was it would have cost about $600-$800, and/or required some kind of mobile contract. If they wanted to charge people that much, they could have crammed in a lot more technology.

For the amount of money you pay for a Vita, it looks damned good. That's the bottom line.

He implied a question relative to the iPad 3. What better way than to give details on the VITA's OLED?

Your answer is a bit vague to doesn't give an much informed statement.
#52j2zon2591Posted 2/15/2013 11:03:51 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Sabram posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Blah blah blah

Paraphrasing your quote a bit to save some space, but that's what most people will have seen anyway.

So, all this comparison between screens. There's only one question that matters.

The answer should be yes. The Vita wasn't made to be a competitor to a tablet PC or a smartphone, if it was it would have cost about $600-$800, and/or required some kind of mobile contract. If they wanted to charge people that much, they could have crammed in a lot more technology.

For the amount of money you pay for a Vita, it looks damned good. That's the bottom line.

Yet nexus 7 is bigger, more powerful, cheaper and on board 16gb...

It's sad you're not letting that go lol. They are just asking if the Vita screen looks nice. And the answer is yes. They're not asking if it's the best looking screen available.

You're letting your hatred for the Vita override simple comprehension skills. That's no bueno.

It was a direct reply to the statement the VITA would have to cost $ 600-800, that required a mobile contract to be very competitive against tablet PCs and smartphones w/c is a stupid statement evidenced by the Nexus 7.

Did he quote TC's 1st post?
#53FKRW4LifePosted 2/15/2013 11:11:57 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

show me one link by Sony, where it says the Vita is a Super AMOLED screen. All my links are straight from Sony and say OLED, which is old tech now and explains the black splotches that only OLED gets. Until you come up with one link from Sony, you are wrong!

Super AMOLED gets blotches as well, it happens on all OLED screens. And you can easily see the pixel layout with your eyes as well. Very apparent in PSP games and white text on black backgrounds. If its rgb, pixels will look square and text will bleed white light around the edges while with pentile, pixels with look off and text will bleed color around white text

Did you just claim PSP has a oled screen too?

LMAO. You are so desperate to find something wrong with his statements. It's absolutely pathetic. Anyone with reading comprehension knew he ment psp games on the vita you troll .
---
Before you comment remember this "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"
#54AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/15/2013 11:13:16 AM
dj___roll posted...

Translation: Stomp, stomp, stomp... Waaaaahhh!

Thanks for translating literally every post you've ever made here in one fell swoop Dj;)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62168949?page=1
Goon claims 90k to 70k is "70% drop in sales"
#55PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/15/2013 11:15:21 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
Sabram posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Blah blah blah

Yet nexus 7 is bigger, more powerful, cheaper and on board 16gb...

It's sad you're not letting that go lol. They are just asking if the Vita screen looks nice. And the answer is yes. They're not asking if it's the best looking screen available.

You're letting your hatred for the Vita override simple comprehension skills. That's no bueno.

It was a direct reply to the statement the VITA would have to cost $ 600-800, that required a mobile contract to be very competitive against tablet PCs and smartphones w/c is a stupid statement evidenced by the Nexus 7.

Did he quote TC's 1st post?

Bolded is what the main point in this topic. And yet Shadow feels the need to state multiple times that the tablets and phones have better displays, when no one is really even arguing that point. The topic asked the question, how nice is the screen. And the answer is, it's nice.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#56PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 2/15/2013 11:17:48 AM
The Vita is having way more issues than "How's the screen look compared to tablets and phones."

It's main issues is games, or the lack of. The screen is one of the things the Vita has going for it. For a dedicated handheld video game system, it's the best available. That's a fact no one can really deny.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#57chuchumyrocketPosted 2/15/2013 12:04:31 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Fallen_Lord posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
not even close to retina. It has black splotches all over it, between refreshes, it's not even HD!

Yes, those black splotches on a completely black loading screen while viewing it in the pitch black are really distracting.

Don't bother with Shadowfxd2. He is dissapointed with his vita purchase and the only way he can cope is not to go on with his life, but to endlessly troll the vita boards night and day making every topic as hopeless, pointless and empty as his life is.

He's not wrong though. In fact, stargazer is closer to being wrong. Despite being an OLED screen, the Vita's black levels aren't THAT deep. The black splotches are perfectly noticeable, even when not in a pitch black room. It's a genuine problem, and my GS3 doesn't have it.

How much is a gs3? Like 600 bucks?
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#58j2zon2591Posted 2/15/2013 1:29:33 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Fallen_Lord posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
not even close to retina. It has black splotches all over it, between refreshes, it's not even HD!

Yes, those black splotches on a completely black loading screen while viewing it in the pitch black are really distracting.

Don't bother with Shadowfxd2. He is dissapointed with his vita purchase and the only way he can cope is not to go on with his life, but to endlessly troll the vita boards night and day making every topic as hopeless, pointless and empty as his life is.

He's not wrong though. In fact, stargazer is closer to being wrong. Despite being an OLED screen, the Vita's black levels aren't THAT deep. The black splotches are perfectly noticeable, even when not in a pitch black room. It's a genuine problem, and my GS3 doesn't have it.

This varies by unit but it's really annoying.

Another OLED current problem is "Black Crushing" (destroying darker details):

Some prefer it but it isn't correct (standard) nor is it practical in higher ambient lighting. Make of it what you will:

http://i.imgur.com/I6d519n.png

http://i.imgur.com/PG7TMri.jpg
#59KirbyIsAwesomePosted 2/15/2013 1:36:17 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...

What's interesting is that the black levels on Galaxy phones are moving backwards. My SG1Captivate has perfect black levels, no light bleed. My SGNote 2's black levels are not even as close to being as good as the first galaxy phones. While the SG1 has pitch black, black levels, the note 2's black screens are still lit.

I've noticed that as well. Kinda sad.

Sailor Goon posted...
Retina display is simply a marketing term. It's meaningless, and quite frankly, any Super AMOLED screen beats it hands down.

That's wrong, unless you're talking pure vividness/black levels.

Nnamz posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...

You don't have to be in a pitch black room. As long as the room is dark, you can see it.

I don't experience Mura on mine unless my room is pitch dark. Playing at night outside results in no Mura. And again, I don't think I've ever seen it during gameplay even in a pitch dark screen, only on black loading screens.

But regardless, the TC asked about it compared to the retina display. It is less sharp, but it's colors do pop more.

Edit: But more importantly, the screens of the GS3 and the Note 2 are far superior to Vita's. Vita may have better colors and contrast than the retina display, but the GS3 and Note 2 beat it in everything. Sharpness, colors, contrast, less Mura.

Vita still has a very nice screen for gaming. On a 5 inch device the difference between 720p and 544p is really hard to tell. But it does have its downsides.

Stop having a good Vita, you poop >:(
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#60KirbyIsAwesomePosted 2/15/2013 1:37:58 PM
chuchumyrocket posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
Fallen_Lord posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

How much is a gs3? Like 600 bucks?

What does that have to do with anything?
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666