You think Sony will release a new model of the Vita with a price cut soon?

#1xxnike629xxPosted 2/14/2013 7:55:32 PM
topic
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629Bloginb4suiton.blogspot.com
#2kingofall214Posted 2/14/2013 8:25:21 PM(edited)
Nope. They are going to release a new model that cost the same as the old model. They also won't drop the price on the old model because Sony thinks consumers have had "Enough with all these weird price moves."

I'm just kidding around
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#3xxnike629xx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:06:08 AM
bump
---
#4RyuuHou25Posted 2/15/2013 8:10:34 AM
They're going to have to price cut it or it's going to die, no way around it. They'll have to slash memory card prices too.

The thing is great, but you're looking at more than all current consoles to get into it for petes sake, 250 + 100 for the decent memory card, plus games....

Whereas you can get a PS3/360/Wii U for the same or lower. 3DS costs less and doesn't force propietary memory either.

They won't get more third party support for it until pubs/devs are convinced they can make money from it, and that won't happen until the install base is vastly increased, which requires what is stated above.

My fingers are crossed for some Vita game announcements on the 20th, even though that's highly unlikely, but still.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#5Pasha777Posted 2/15/2013 8:21:49 AM(edited)
IMO they should release a new cheaper model with PSP-E1000 build quality and a standard LCD screen for poor people and keep the current model as a premium model. And ofc cut memory cards price in half.
#6xxnike629xx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:33:51 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
They're going to have to price cut it or it's going to die, no way around it. They'll have to slash memory card prices too.

The thing is great, but you're looking at more than all current consoles to get into it for petes sake, 250 + 100 for the decent memory card, plus games....

Whereas you can get a PS3/360/Wii U for the same or lower. 3DS costs less and doesn't force propietary memory either.

They won't get more third party support for it until pubs/devs are convinced they can make money from it, and that won't happen until the install base is vastly increased, which requires what is stated above.

My fingers are crossed for some Vita game announcements on the 20th, even though that's highly unlikely, but still.

I hope so.
All I wanted was the PS Vita WiFi model with that 32 GB card. But that's gonna cost pretty much an arm and a leg..LOL
---