How is Tekken 6(PSP) on Vita?

#11chuchumyrocketPosted 2/15/2013 5:45:34 PM
Rehab520 posted...
How is it bare bones?

I'd say its worth it if its only 20 bucks on psn right now

30+ fighters, a few different game modes, and a lot of customizing to do.

I'd say its one of the better fighting games to be released on psp.

Compared to mortal kombat and blazeblue it is very barebones. Its also missing the bowling and the dojo mode that tekken DR had which were the only modes that really changed it up from the arcade.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
#12TheExiled280(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:05:11 PM
chuchumyrocket posted...
Rehab520 posted...
How is it bare bones?

I'd say its worth it if its only 20 bucks on psn right now

30+ fighters, a few different game modes, and a lot of customizing to do.

I'd say its one of the better fighting games to be released on psp.

Compared to mortal kombat and blazeblue it is very barebones. Its also missing the bowling and the dojo mode that tekken DR had which were the only modes that really changed it up from the arcade.

That's what I figured. I need Single Player in my portable fighting games
---
Currently Playing: PlayStation All-Stars(PSV), Naruto UNSG(PS3), inFAMOUS(PS3), Persona 4 The Golden(PSV), Growlanser WoT(PSP) & Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
#13XphoenixedgeXPosted 2/15/2013 6:29:36 PM
lol, I don't know why people wouldn't recommend a Tekken game or any fighting game for that matter just because it lacks a mini game such as bowling.

Tekken 6 is the best portable Tekken, period. DR was great for it's time, but T6 has more characters, an updated fighting engine and updated move sets. These are things that matter in a fighting game.
The graphics are impressive for PSP and are also a little better than DR's as well. The only 3D fighter on PSP that I'd put above it is Soul Calibur Broken Destiny.

The Tekken force-like story mode that was on the console version was not that good to be honest, so I didnt mind them cutting that from the PSP version. But it's not like this game doesnt have anything to do as far as single player modes go.
It still has ghost mode to increase you rank and keep track of your win loss record and earn gold against the CPU.
It still has items to customize your character(although, far less than the console version. My only major complaint).
It also still has arcade mode which allows you to unlock ending movies for each character.

Even with all the Capcom fighters and Blazblues released the past few years, I still find myself playing Tekken 6 on PSP time to time.