Changing PSN accounts and formatting mem cards.

#1PiersKunPosted 2/15/2013 9:10:36 AM
So, uh, hi. I'd like to ask if anyone did this after the update that forced you to actually format your memory card? I only have one mem card but I'd like to jump into PSO2 at the end of the month. For that, of course, I'll need to format my memcard in order to login on my JP account. My question is, is there any risk in doing it, as long as I make a backup of my data on the US account?

I mainly own all of my games digitally so I'm kinda scared if something goes wrong and I somehow end up locked of accessing my previously purchased games, I guess, so I'd like some feedback regarding doing this. PSO2 just sounds like a fantastic game and being able to play it on the go is really tempting, so while it doesn't come our way... yeah. That and I want to try out the Ys Celceta demo, lol.

Cheers.
---
https://twitter.com/burucchi - My Twitter account, also known as the place where I blog about videogames and anime.
#2RyuuHou25Posted 2/15/2013 9:12:37 AM
There's no risk as long as you properly back everything up on your PC.

It's just a slight annoyance for those that have multiple region based accounts, as the system was not intended for that of course.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3GhetsisPosted 2/15/2013 9:13:10 AM
You can't really play PSO2 on the go, though. It requires an internet connection to play.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#4Marik78Posted 2/15/2013 9:13:52 AM
Ghetsis posted...
You can't really play PSO2 on the go, though. It requires an internet connection to play.

3G says hi.
#5PiersKun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:15:41 AM
Ghetsis posted...

Oh, I know, I meant more like in places where I don't have access to my PC but I can catch Internet, (@ college) it'd be a fun game to have around, lol.

Anyway, basically, make a backup and format? Sounds simple enough!
---
https://twitter.com/burucchi - My Twitter account, also known as the place where I blog about videogames and anime.
#6gray_fox_00Posted 2/15/2013 9:57:21 AM
PiersKun posted...
Ghetsis posted...

Oh, I know, I meant more like in places where I don't have access to my PC but I can catch Internet, (@ college) it'd be a fun game to have around, lol.

Anyway, basically, make a backup and format? Sounds simple enough!

Also, on the off chance the backup corrupts, you can always log back into that account and redownload all your digital games. You'll have just lost your save files to them though. Seriously doubt anything will go wrong though.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#7NerdstickPosted 2/15/2013 11:26:00 AM
I'd really recommend just grabbing a 4GB for ~$12. It'll save you a -lot- of time.
#8PiersKun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:08:54 AM
Reviving this. Another question from people who already did this, do you format the memory card before doing the factory reset and deactivating your PSN account? And deactivating it IS mandatory, right? Thanks in advance.
---