Which PSN Final Fantasy to get? Rank Them?

#11HeartAdeptPosted 2/15/2013 12:56:17 PM
From best to worst...

III
VII
IX
Origins
VIII
Tactics
IV
VI (Good game, but PS version is garbage.)
#12The_LimitPosted 2/15/2013 1:40:12 PM
Best To Least Best:

Tactics (WOTL)
---
Add me on PSN: TheLimit32 4everrr Playing: FF7 and Dissidia 012
Tifa <3 http://i.imgur.com/kxUP31K.jpg
#13KirbyIsAwesomePosted 2/15/2013 1:46:58 PM
IX
VI
IV
VII
VIII
---
"3DS is simply incapable of making games as good as vita games"
- DemonDog666
#14VorzalPosted 2/15/2013 1:52:11 PM
For Final Fantasy games available on the Vita...

Best-
-IV:Complete Collection is a great deal; solid, well-rounded FF title with an epilogue to boot. Graphics suit Vita nicely. Superior presentation.
-VII has always held a special place in my heart. Materia system is instantly addactive and the story, while not without its faults, seems to somehow draw you in. Polygon style graphics don't even attempt to disguise age. YMMV
-VI is not optimized to run very well on the Vita, but if you can get past sluggish load times, it's still a fantastic game. Huge cast of diverse characters, 2nd to IV's After Years.
-VIII has an eclectic magic system and an intriguing cast of characters. The story isn't for everyone, but it has earned a place in the hearts of many.
-IX holds the prestige of being the highest in reviews, but that doesn't always translate to being everyone's favorite. It's a throwback to Final Fantasy games of yesteryear, boasting some of the best graphics the original PlayStation could muster. Up to you to decide if the eccentric characters and questionable battle system suit your tastes.
-III possesses solid mechanics, including the revolutionary job system. Boasting the revamped graphics of the DS release, this title lacks a coherent story and leaves character development as an afterthought.
-Tactics is a strategy RPG. Because of this, it's by and large separate from all other Final Fantasy titles, and can only be recommended if a strategy game is your cup of tea. If it is, and you know what to expect going forward, then mastering the diverse job system and delving through the complex story will surely eat up large amounts of your time... good luck!
-Worst*

I have not played Final Fantasy Origins, which includes the first two FF games. No opinion on those.

*Disclaimer: preceding list is subjective, relax!
---
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."