Persona 3 or final fantasy duodecim?

#1Bryton5Posted 2/15/2013 7:55:33 PM
in terms of longevity and depth, like which one will give me the longest game and the most deep customization.
#2NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 7:58:03 PM
Persona 3 for sure.... Dissidia is a 3D (as in 3 axis, not 3D like 3ds) fighting game.... the fun is in the action and the graphics, not the customization. Think I dropped ~40 hours into Persona 3.
#3eclecticgiftPosted 2/15/2013 8:01:13 PM(edited)
Persona 3 is good but I would have liked to play FES rather than P3P. I know people like to control their characters but i didn't feel the need to. I'd rather have seen the 3D environment and characters instead. P3P is also missing the anime cutscenes in favor of taking a visual novel approach throughout the whole game.
---
Washington Nationals - Best Rotation Ever
Strasburg | Gio | Zimmermann | Haren | Detwiler
#4Bryton5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:05:37 PM
eclecticgift posted...
Persona 3 is good but I would have liked to play FES rather than P3P. I know people like to control their characters but i didn't feel the need to. I'd rather have seen the 3D environment and characters instead. P3P is also missing the anime cutscenes in favor of taking a visual novel approach throughout the whole game.

ok, iv never played persona 3 before but i absolutely need to control every team mate. absolutely adored persona 4 and am still playing it, havent beaten it, im at magatsu mandala leveling to finish it. something that did bother me with persona 4 was a little lack of customizations. i wished there was more differences between weapons and the skills they possessed and i felt that even when my personas leveled it didnt make much of a difference if any. how many hours are we talking about for persona 3 though? because im at around 65 hours in 4 and almost finished. I know duodecim comes with the first dissidia so i can see that giving a tonne of replayability.
#5Exia009Posted 2/15/2013 8:05:44 PM
Definitely Persona 3. Took me close to 70 hours to complete the main story and there were still a bunch of side stuff to do. Portable is a more streamlined version of the game, by comparison to FES and the original, though. When you're outside of dungeons, you don't actually control your character to move around; instead, you move around a bubble and select people/objects to interact with. It's a restriction associated with the capabilities of the PSP, but I didn't mind it so much. The addition of new features such as fast travel and the ability to control all party members made up for it. My opinion.

I may be a bit biased as I don't like Duodecim as much as other people do. Not a fan of the fighting system. That's just me though.
---
Steam: BigPoeticCanine
PSN: Exia009
#6arclouks_xPosted 2/15/2013 8:10:06 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
Persona 3 for sure.... Dissidia is a 3D (as in 3 axis, not 3D like 3ds) fighting game.... the fun is in the action and the graphics, not the customization. Think I dropped ~40 hours into Persona 3.

Just 40 hours, Ive dropped over 1000 hours on duodecim on my old psp go, fantastic game with a lot lf content, I never touched multiplayer.
---
PSn:arclouksx/JustArc_ -Now playing:,Ps all stars(Dat kat),Dissidia Duodecim, Vagrant story.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#7NebulaEmpirePosted 2/15/2013 8:11:36 PM
arclouks_x posted...
NebulaEmpire posted...

Just 40 hours, Ive dropped over 1000 hours on duodecim on my old psp go, fantastic game with a lot lf content, I never touched multiplayer.

Don't think I've played any game for 1000 hours.... that's 6 hours a day, every day, for half a year.
#8Bryton5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:13:29 PM
arclouks_x posted...
NebulaEmpire posted...

have you played persona? and what kind of content kept you playing? do the individual stories take a long time? leveling up? customization?
#9arclouks_xPosted 2/15/2013 8:17:24 PM
NebulaEmpire posted...
arclouks_x posted...
NebulaEmpire posted...

Don't think I've played any game for 1000 hours.... that's 6 hours a day, every day, for half a year.

Got it around march 2011, my psp got stolen around october 2012, you do the math, I blame my ex for leaving for college, also played 250 hours of killzone 3 because of that, lol Im back to normal now, I cant even play for more than 2hours without getting bored.
---
PSn:arclouksx/JustArc_ -Now playing:,Ps all stars(Dat kat),Dissidia Duodecim, Vagrant story.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#10aak57Posted 2/15/2013 8:19:54 PM
Duodecim is one of those games like Monster Hunter where either you beat it and move on, or end up spending like 1000 hours in the game. P3 is pretty lengthy if you do everything, probably 30-40% longer than P4 I guess.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg